Best Fixes For Door Rattle

stubzie83

Hi All,

Couldn't find a lot of specific info on this with a search so I'll ask here.

I have an annoying rattling/ticking sound coming from the drivers door card particularly when traveling on rough road surfaces that cause vibration through the chassis. I've found that if I press my elbow against the door trim at the top behind just behind where the door handle is the sound stops.

My question is does anyone know of any fixes for this type of rattle? Will I have to remove the door card and play around with it or is there something I can try externally first. I have read that the air vent that runs through the door can rattle but I don't think it is necessarily the case here.

Cheers,

Steve

I recently changed the door speakers and had the same problem as you. It turned out i had forgotten to put a screw back in :blush: . If you look behind the handle there is/should be a screw set back about 2". Have a look to make sure its still there or in need of tightening up.

Have a look at this guide the 6&7th pics done show how to remove the cover

http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/front_speakers/

Might not be the problem but could save you removing the whole door trim :shrug:

I recently changed the door speakers and had the same problem as you. It turned out i had forgotten to put a screw back in :blush: . If you look behind the handle there is/should be a screw set back about 2". Have a look to make sure its still there or in need of tightening up.

Have a look at this guide the 6&7th pics done show how to remove the cover

http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/front_speakers/

Might not be the problem but could save you removing the whole door trim :shrug:

Thanks for that I'll check it :thumbs: