Wanted :: 2006 or 2007 350Z GT Coupe!

RatedR

Budget : 9k - 10.5k top-end

I've been doing some hunting locally (Leeds area) and done a couple of test drives (had one of the salesman going a bit on an icy B-road yesterday morning!) but the ones I've seen so far aren't quite on beam what I am looking for. This will be my first Zed so hoping for some help and maybe an idea if I'm over-reaching a bit for my budget!

I want a 06 or 07 model car realistically. I like the facelift and newer interior and will just have to live with the higher tax rate. Mileage -- I'm thinking 40,000 or under, I can hear my Dad in my head now telling me about the resale value, just like he did for my first car 9 years ago! I'd be willing to look at up to 50,000 on the clock but only if it reflected the lower end of my budget tbh, I know the engines are really good, but right or wrong the higher numbers just put me off.

Was gonna say the Sat Nav option would be nice but I've found some less than complimentary posts about the factory fit so ultimately not fussed either way in that respect.

Colour! Thought about this a bit. Figured I would only ever want a black. When I went for my last drive I took a GM Grey out for a spin and they had a blue on court as well, and I liked 'em both! I'd love to see one of the orange ones in the flesh, rather than pics - wondering if it's a bit marmite? But strikes me as something I'd potentially like. So, black preferred but blue and GM grey very nice too and need to get round to seeing a local-ish orange. No silver, I need a change!

I guess to get the ball rolling - thoughts on this one - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 440596173/ ??

Almost forgot - I tried a forum search for this but no joy, what's the quickest way to identify if a car has the standard OEM wheels or the Rays? Either every one I've seen has the Rays or I am missing a trick. I know what the Rays should look like but no idea on the OEMs and if they are easy to spot.

Cheers!

Rays look totally different to the "normal" wheels, so you can spot them straight away. Rays also say "Rays Engineering" on them - its on the rim part.

The built in Sat Nav is great. Okay, so you cant enter postcodes, but it only takes a couple of seconds to enter city, street & house number. Ive not found any address it doesnt know about. You can get updated maps if you want - im running 2011 maps in mine and its got all the latest roads which I know were only built in 2011. When new, the system cost £1400 if i remember rightly and there is no way on earth I would pay that for it over just getting a £100 tomtom. Sure its nice having it all integrated with the bose stereo system, but thats just silly money for a sat nav. Personally for me, having a built in sat nav is neither here nor there, so I wouldnt make it a deal breaker. You may even find cars without it are cheaper. I know when I was looking at BMW M3`s, those without the built in Sat Nav were about £1200 cheaper on the 2nd hand market as everyone wanted all the gadgets.