Wheel alignment and alloy refurbishment in Surrey

CarrotCakeIsYum

I was out driving last weekend and had a bit of a mishap when driving onto a grass verge which turned out to me concrete (oops).

I bought the Z 2nd hand and it has always pulled very slightly to one side, and after the above I reckon it could do with its alignment looking at... can anyone recommend somewhere good in the Epsom/Surrey area?

There's also a hefty scuff mark to the alloy and I was thinking of getting one of those mobile vans out to refurbish it. I've heard that the paint they use can discolour over time - anyone had experience of them?

Cheers!

+1 on Wheel Works.

Used several times now and would happily make a trip (even though they're on my doorstep) from further afield...

I had quite a few refurbs done on my previous 370.

Wicked Wheels is quite a well known mobile refurb company and they will cover Surrey. I had a few refurbs with them and I was very happy with the results. They're not cheap (£90 -£100 for a 19 alloy) but they do a good job.

I'd suggest you avoid anyone who seems very inexpensive. I had one wheel done by another company for £50, but it turned out to be a pretty shabby job. They only sprayed around the damaged part of the wheel. It looked fine until you got close to it. They'd even laquered over some dirt on the wheel :rant: A decent refurb will mean removing, sanding / grinding, respraying the whole wheel, laquering and baking. All happens in the van and takes about 2 hours. I don't think mobile refurb companies fix things like misaligned wheels though.