Reversing light

Legs748

Hi all,

Has anyone upgraded the reversing light? I really think i'd see more behind me if i held a torch out the window? Don't want to go down the camera route cos i can reverse fine in daylight, just need more light. Anyone had experience of the LED jobbies off ebay?

Ta, Matt.

Actually I am with Lexx on this one, the reversing light is an indicator not there to light the way. If you really cant reverse in the dark then try bolting something like this to your rear bumper.

http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/1400.html

+1 indicators are orange, brake lights are red and reverse lights are white, only your headlights are for your benifit!

With all that said, the 370z does seem a lot easier to reverse in the dark with its twin lights on the rear. I think the OP has a point that it can be used to give a bit of extra vision ;)

I dont think the LED lights will be brighter unless you can find some high powered ones.

I'm not saying that they cannot be used to aid vision when reversing if they are bright enough. But they are certainly not designed for the sole purpose of illuminating behind you.

If that was the case, all cars would be fitted with two, they would be as bright as dipped headlights, and they would never be offset to one side (when only one fitted)