engine malfunction light

The Accountant

Hi all

Had this light just come on, and followed steps on the forum to find the code..Does it repeat the code over & over & not stop? Managed to get the light flashing, not sure if I messed up but came back on after I switched off/on.

The code I think is

1slow 1fast 6fast 7fast

Thanks in advance

Ok thanks for the reply. :thumbs:

So its this? P1167 Heated O2 Sensor 2

Not one to worry about its fine to drive. Reset it using the procedure in the guides and see if it re appears..if it does then have a look at a new sensor. Are you decatted?

I have had the O2 sensors throw up a warning light about 4 times in my 6 yrs of ownership. The last time was only a few weeks ago. ECU was reset by the garage and not a peep since. I read the code myself but took it to the garage to confirm. Next time I will reset myself and save £35 and the hassle of going to a garage.

• 3 months later...

A little more advice from the experts here would be a really appreciated. The first time this happened I had the garage reset it & check, but since it's come on 4 times in 3mths with the same code. Should I reset it again myself or take it to the garage to see if there's a problem?

I had the same issue although mine has Hi flow cats which can cause the ECU to put up the same error code, I fitted a new sensor as I got fed up with keep on resetting the ecu and hey presto no more error code so I would say one of your o2 sensors needs changing (about £90 from ZMANALEX)