Paint colour on 370z standard wheels

vern

An alternative is to go to your nearest automotive paint factor (not Halfords!).They should be able to look at your wheels and supply you with the (near) matching shade of silver because it's probable they will be supplying the local pro wheel refurb guys.

Some car manufactures,e.g.Audi,actually have a paint code for silver used for their wheels,in which case the paint factor

can mix you some to give an exact match.

So,is there a paintcode for the Nissan wheel silver?...this is not something easy to discover,it's only the body paint code that's on the VIN plate.

So,is there a paintcode for the Nissan wheel silver?...this is not something easy to discover,it's only the body paint code that's on the VIN plate.

I can assure you, and after many hours, if you think of 'needle and haystack' - good luck in your search :dry:

The paint match ain't turned out to be that good in the link glrnet has posted for the 370 standard wheels and I would be inclined to do as speedwell has suggested, to be honest :shrug:

That's a shame, it was ok on my Rays :)

I can assure you, and after many hours, if you think of 'needle and haystack' - good luck in your search :dry:

The paint match ain't turned out to be that good in the link glrnet has posted for the 370 standard wheels and I would be inclined to do as speedwell has suggested, to be honest :shrug:

All subjective of course but I still think the match from the paint I originally suggested is pretty good - it was suggested to me by a wheel refurb company. You will always notice some difference to a repair no matter how close the match is because of the change in paint thickness, surface texture etc. I'd suggest giving the VBF Silver a go if the damage is very small. :thumbs:

I think Toby (EH 370z) said that the 370z wheels have multi stage paint on them, the 40th and GT Edition dark wheels certainly are, and I think he said the silvers were (may stand corrected). That will be one reason they wont list it as its not just one paint code involved. A good repair company could match it closely though I guess.