New handbrake

Jimmy P

Having recently replaced the standard gear knob with a very pretty carbon fibre one from Tarmac, the handbrake now sticks out like a very ugly sore thumb. Anyone know of a decent one that i can replace it with? I have trawled ebay and all the other likely locations but no joy so far.

Cheers! :thumbs:

Having recently replaced the standard gear knob with a very pretty carbon fibre one from Tarmac, the handbrake now sticks out like a very ugly sore thumb. Anyone know of a decent one that i can replace it with? I have trawled ebay and all the other likely locations but no joy so far.

Cheers! :thumbs:

Richbrook

Momo

Nardi (Expensive)

I have had all a Momo and 2 Nardi's but then I am fickle, there are a few install threads on here, it is a one way process pretty much but well worth it :thumbs:

Here is my current one -

337e8eed.jpg?t=1318863825

Your gear knob is the same as mine, and the handbrake handle looks very nice with it! Where did you get the Nardi one from?

From US mate - http://crowderscustomizing.com/

Not cheap :surrender: but I couldn't find another one that matched the gear knob, the Nardi one is almost a perfect match and it real quality :thumbs:

Carbon Fibre wrap :rant::boxing:

It's the RSW kit :lol:

Looking to do the same mod myself and did a search for a guide showing how to do it. Found a post by" andyzed" on July19 2009http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=25166&hilit=handbrake+lever+mod

but none of the .jpg pictures are avialable to me. Do they get dumped after a period of time or is my computer having a bad day?

Hope that link works as it doesnt look like other links Ive seen. Got no idea how to post a link, just right clicked and copied link.

Looking to do the same mod myself and did a search for a guide showing how to do it. Found a post by" andyzed" on July19 2009http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=25166&hilit=handbrake+lever+mod

but none of the .jpg pictures are avialable to me. Do they get dumped after a period of time or is my computer having a bad day?

I expect they were hosted on a photo bucket account and now been deleted :thumbs:

I expect they were hosted on a photo bucket account and now been deleted :thumbs:

BUGGAR

Remove the standard cover with a sharp knife, slice it all the way along the bottom and peel it off, then your left with this...

58588fb4.jpg

Ignore the 3 holes as i have had 3 different covers :blush:

Whatever cover you get will need 'modifying' to actually fit

654c52bf.jpg

Drill a hole and fix it on

e03a0f5f.jpg

:thumbs:

PS: A couple of questions:

Does the button on the end of the new cover push onto the button on the old handbrake o release it and does the new assembly feel solid when you apply the brake or does it feel as if it moves slightly.

Does the button on the end of the new cover push onto the button on the old handbrake o release it and does the new assembly feel solid when you apply the brake or does it feel as if it moves slightly.

The Momo came with several different fitments one of which was perfect, the Nardi was more tricky!

Basically it is trial and error, the 'modding' i.e. cutting away the underneath allows the cover to slide on enough to work properly...

Once on and secured with a screw it feels solid as a rock and no movement :thumbs:

The gear knob in the momo pic is a KTA gear knob, I still have it somewhere I put it up for sale but nobody wanted it.....

With mine, the handle cover has no button, what protrudes is the original button - the handle is literally a sleeve for the exposed handbrake.

Under the handbrake cover, at the button end, you will have a rubber adapter (comes with the handbrake cover) which is snug against the metal handbrake lever. At the base end you will have a number of screws going through the handbrake cover from different directions that tighten against the handbrake lever. So the cover is secured at both ends. As long as you select the right adapter (as mentioned test fit them on their own first) at one end and the screws tight at the other end it is rock solid no movement whatsoever.

All seems a bit scary, the drilling and cutting looks scary too - I bought my handbrake cover and left it about 2 months before plucking up the courage to have a go. Spurs Dave was egging me on!

Cant confirm but most are universal fit, in fact my momo handle partially went over the handbrake with the old leather still on!

Im thinking of getting a momo and was wondering if you had to buy an adaptor as well or just the handl?