Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Jimmy P

I suffered a spectacular blowout of one of my Bridgestone Potenzas on the motorway yesterday so I thought I'd take the opportunity to get some better rubber on the car as I don't really like the Potenzas. I am thinking about the Michelin Super Sports but before I fork out the £1k for a full set I thought I'd better make sure there isn't a cheaper tyre that will give comparable performance! :blush:

Thanks guys, hope you all had a good Crimbo.

Basically, they're the best tyre you can buy for any car right now period, go treat your car to them :thumbs:

Greekman runs them on his Zed, he'd be able to give you more details if you need, but nothing else you can buy will even get close to the PSS.

Basically, they're the best tyre you can buy for any car right now period, go treat your car to them :thumbs:

Greekman runs them on his Zed, he'd be able to give you more details if you need, but nothing else you can buy will even get close to the PSS.

+1

Blow out on the motorway :scare: ... Glad your ok :thumbs:

If you can find them for a grand look no further mate. They are the best full stop. Make sure you fill them up with nitrogen at 37 psi and then lower if the car is too solid for you but that works a treat for me since their sidewalls are very soft and comparing to the potenzas your steering may feel less accurate.

Haven't tried them in the snow yet so I can't comment plus I ve got a nismo LSD and i come from a village on a mountain in northern Greece (which means I ve done thousands of miles on snow/ice) so even if they work for me that doesn't mean they will work for everybody.

My only problem was the price. For my 19 inch wheels they were about 1300 quid. A few thousand miles later I got a massive screw in a rear one and 2 miles after it lost all the air the tyre walls were knackered....then I needed another 800 quid for a set of rear!!! Very bad value for money if you know what I mean.

I got a massive screw in a rear one

There's a 'that's what she said' joke in there somewhere! :lol:

Seriously though, thanks for the advice as ever guys, bought the Super Sports yesterday (£950 fitted on 18s) and I'm very impressed so far. Now I just need the weather to sort itself out for a day or two so I can actually use my right foot occasionally!