Rear Tyres Needed.

Sarnie

Ok, used the search button but not been able to find an answer :blush:

Whilst my zed was up on the ramps, the mechanics pointed out to me that my rears are practically slicks now :scare: Must of been when I was tearing up the Top Gear track B)

Anyway, I now need two rear tyres. So I have the age old question: Which do I buy? The fronts have 6 mm on them so I'm not looking to change them. I don't really want to buy bridgestones if I can help it but I don't want to buy a whole set of tyres when I only need two.

I know that people have experienced problems when mixing tyre brands but is this a problem when mixing particular brands? I've already PM'd Andy for a price on a pair of Toyo rears, has anyone had Toyo's on the rear and 'stones on the front?

Any suggestions?

yes i've got toyo's on the back and stones on the front, not really happy with the setup :wacko: guess it's coz the stones have harder side walls than the toyo's :wacko:

did take a while for the rears to settle in but still not that happy,will swap the fronts for toyo's soonish to see if things improve, i know some people hate the bridgestones but sometimes i wished i had them back on :headhurt:

(the above statement might change once i got toyo's on all four tyres :) )

A set of Toyo T1Rs from Andy £450 delivered. :thumbs: There's no point buying all the flash stuff if you're going to scrimp (spelling? :wacko: ) on tyres and ruin the balance! Won't get a better deal than that - except mine which have gone! ;)

Running Toyo's on rear on Bridgestones on front. The two things I noticed when swapping the rears is the grip improved greatly and the sidewalls are a bit softer (wish they were a bit firmer). Not having any issues with the bridgestones on the front up to now. They are the second set on there and were replaced under warranty.

I might be changing mine soon too. I have Bridgestone RE050 on the front and to be honest I'm happy enough with them.... even in the wet! Not sure what to do with the rears. Instinct is to put RE050s on to match but has anyone else tried this?

I don't really want to mix brands and I certainly don't want to use RE040s.

Any sugestions?

Ok, used the search button but not been able to find an answer :blush:

Whilst my zed was up on the ramps, the mechanics pointed out to me that my rears are practically slicks now :scare: Must of been when I was tearing up the Top Gear track B)

Anyway, I now need two rear tyres. So I have the age old question: Which do I buy? The fronts have 6 mm on them so I'm not looking to change them. I don't really want to buy bridgestones if I can help it but I don't want to buy a whole set of tyres when I only need two.

I know that people have experienced problems when mixing tyre brands but is this a problem when mixing particular brands? I've already PM'd Andy for a price on a pair of Toyo rears, has anyone had Toyo's on the rear and 'stones on the front?

Any suggestions?

Im in exactly the same situation, except had a rear blow out on the M3 last week, been looking this weekend for a new rear set, only want the the rears for now and replace the stones in a month or two. looking at PS2. Otherwise if gs-d3's were availbable in the front size, would get them, used them on a previous car, the grip was amazing.

Any other suggestions?

Just put two rear Bridgestone Potenza RE050s on today.. I got them fully fitted for £290- which i thought was fairly good!
Do you find them any quieter than the 040s?

Only done about 20 miles in them today.. So a bit early to tell.. But to be honest the car feels a little lighter with them.. Cant really say its got any less road noise though.

i need to change all four of my tyres, which would you recommend for grip, especially in the wet. I was thinking the pirellis or going for the bridgestones.

I dont need to change my fronts still got 5 m but i always get a full set when changing tyres.

i need to change all four of my tyres, which would you recommend for grip, especially in the wet. I was think the pirellis p000 range or going for the bridgestones.

I dont need to change my fronts still got 5 m but i always get a full set when changing tyres.

get anything other than Bridgestones :teeth: