Weather damage

sinbad

I woke up this morning to find roof tiles next to my car which have fallen off next doors house. Having just gave the Z a wash i noticed loads of deep scracthes where the tiles have hit my car. I'm soo angry at the moment :rant::angry::rant: , i dont stand anywhere legally and if i want to claim on my insurance i'll have to fork out nearly £500 excess!

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!! i'm fed up..

Anyone know what i can do about the scratches on my tailgate and bumper. I dont fancy paying to get the whole lot resprayed but was thinking of getting Chipsaway to have a look. What do you guys think?

:mad:

Doesnt their house insurance cover damage to other peoples property or person? They (insurers) will probably claim an Act of God defence though, but if it could be proven that the roof was in a poor state of repair you may have a case. But its by no means cut and dry. Sorry to hear the news. :headhurt:

Im seriously caked but again theres nothing much i can do. A good friend of mine is a copper and has been dealing with these incidents all week, as you say (Chesterfield) it is classed as an act of God and she doesnt have to give me 1p towards my repairs.

I will be mentioning the roof to her so that she gets it fixed and stops it from ever happening again. She's not a bad neighbour so hopefully she'll have pitty and slip me some money. lol

I'll see what Chipsaway have to say..

Digsy - looks in good condition really. I don't blame my neighbour as it was the wind that did it. but im jst peeved its damaged my car! i just hope she gets it fixed and stops any more falling off. suppose thats all i can ask.

Trev - Thanks Bud! will do.

Isn’t it a pity the tiles/debris hadn’t fallen off your roof or even if the car was in your garage and something was blown off a shelf and hit the car when say a door was opened. Maybe your house insurance would have covered it. If they did, then the act of god would be in your favour ????? ;)

Dicky

Dicky - I'm liking your thinking!! i may persue this... will have to look at the policy.

lomoto - my neighbour is quite a nice person so i wont be pushing her for any money i'll just mention it and see what she says.

My sister has said she will pay for Chipsaway to do the repairs. Awwww!

so a big :thumbs: to my sister.

Dicky - I'm liking your thinking!! i may persue this... will have to look at the policy.

lomoto - my neighbour is quite a nice person so i wont be pushing her for any money i'll just mention it and see what she says.

My sister has said she will pay for Chipsaway to do the repairs. Awwww!

so a big :thumbs: to my sister.

You'll know for sure if she's a nice person as she should offer to pay. If not, lesson learnt.....

Good luck with it, mate. :)

Well she's offered to pay and said she'll have the roof looked at.

I'll see what kind of price im looking at for repairs, if it's inexpensive then i'll just pay it,anything more and i'll probably go halfers with her. ;)

Alittle happier now! :teeth:

Well she's offered to pay and said she'll have the roof looked at.

I'll see what kind of price im looking at for repairs, if it's inexpensive then i'll just pay it,anything more and i'll probably go halfers with her. ;)

Alittle happier now! :teeth:

Nice result ,Hope it all pans out for you :thumbs: