Starter Motor Questions

hardius

Hi Everyone,

I bought my first 350z about 6 months ago and I am absolutely loving it!

Getting a bit of a problem in the last few weeks with the cold though - when I go to start it, everything is normal then I get a loud metallic-sounding grinding noise - the engine then starts. The last few days it's getting a bit difficult to start even when I come back 5 minutes after having drove it.

I think it's the starter motor. I've found this online http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframe ... 940-892969 - takes a while to open but the the top one for £55

Do you guys know if this will fit / work on a 2004 jap import 350z?

Does it sound to you like the starter motor is the problem here?

Hi Everyone,

I bought my first 350z about 6 months ago and I am absolutely loving it!

Getting a bit of a problem in the last few weeks with the cold though - when I go to start it, everything is normal then I get a loud metallic-sounding grinding noise - the engine then starts. The last few days it's getting a bit difficult to start even when I come back 5 minutes after having drove it.

I think it's the starter motor. I've found this online http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframe ... 940-892969 - takes a while to open but the the top one for £55

Do you guys know if this will fit / work on a 2004 jap import 350z?

Does it sound to you like the starter motor is the problem here?

Might be starter motor, might be battery issues.

Guaranteed preowned starter motors in stock and good to go same/next day if required.

Alex. :)

could be the starter motor is a bit sticky, which is giving you the grinding noise.

i would personally but one from alex as you will be 100% sure that it is gonna fit!! and if there were any issues he is alwyas gonna be on here to help you!

Alex every time mate :thumbs: