40 Profile

sukh13

That post says that it is a difference greater than advised so you take your chances...

To be honest and not nasty if the OP is looking to cut corners and cost on tyres then they need a cheaper to run car....

Lol

I love this new phrase on car forums.

"If you can't afford X buy a cheaper car" :yuck:

So you would advise a Lambo owner to pay £3k for a replacement headlight for a Diablo when the same headlights are available for £300 from Nissan?

I was just asking a question to see if its viable, no need to make such jumping conclusions.

I guess you always use Nissan dealers and all OEM Nissan parts? :lol:

In some ways running lower profile is a false economy - your rolling radius is out, so your speedo reads high, meaning miles rack up quicker, meaning service intervals come sooner and more often than running OEM radius.

That post says that it is a difference greater than advised so you take your chances...

To be honest and not nasty if the OP is looking to cut corners and cost on tyres then they need a cheaper to run car....

Lol

So you would advise a Lambo owner to pay £3k for a replacement headlight for a Diablo when the same headlights are available for £300 from Nissan?

I was just asking a question to see if its viable, no need to make such jumping conclusions.

totally agree, no matter what car you own some people always like to shop around, or look for a cheaper option. unless your absolutely minted with about £40m in the bank!!

im all for putting top quality parts on for top performance, but some people own a z because they like the look or the drive, not because they want to go flat out 100% of the time in all conditions.

for those people - having a slighty cheaper tyre wont make a sh*tting bit of difference.

Lol

totally agree, no matter what car you own some people always like to shop around, or look for a cheaper option. unless your absolutely minted with about £40m in the bank!!

im all for putting top quality parts on for top performance, but some people own a z because they like the look or the drive, not because they want to go flat out 100% of the time in all conditions.

for those people - having a slighty cheaper tyre wont make a sh*tting bit of difference.

And I love the new breed of Zed owners who want everything cheap and everything on a budget :lol:

If you can replace the same part cheaper fine but why skimp on tyres or brakes etc

And yes a cheaper tyre wont make a sh*tting bit of difference until you are in a ditch or facing the wrong way on a motorway... then maybe you will wish you had spent a little more :lol:

Anyway each to their own :thumbs:

Lets have another thread on how to get a couple more mpg if you drive really carefully or maybe even use normal unleaded :thumbs:

Oh and if you don't want stupid answers..... don't ask stupid questions, or maybe as Lexx said.... use the search instead :p

If you run all 4 at 40 profile then it should be ok. One thing I've noticed when I've seen cars that run 40 profile is that the tyres look even more lost in the arches! Another thing is it would effectively reduce ground clearance by a little so if you struggle of speed bumps or anything now you'd make yourself more prone to damage etc.

Running 40 profile with no probs. :thumbs:

Running 245/45/18 and 235/40/18 on the front no problems whats so ever. Ive done more than 20k miles on them too. Im replacing them for 225/40/18s as they are a hell of a lot cheaper. I personally havent found any of this traction control problems alot of people bang on about. Maybe my car is different?

Running 245/45/18 and 235/40/18 on the front no problems whats so ever. Ive done more than 20k miles on them too. Im replacing them for 225/40/18s as they are a hell of a lot cheaper. I personally havent found any of this traction control problems alot of people bang on about. Maybe my car is different?

Just out of interest, is it a DE or an HR?

An example:

Falken 452

40 profile: £75inc

45 profile: £104inc

Obviously the tyres are the only things that keep you on the road, but I know on some cars there are a few different sizes you can use, so was just wondering.

Just out of interest, is it a DE or an HR?

DE :thumbs: