if its not one thing

rodgeevans

What with christmas and the car being booked in for a remap at abbey on friday last thi i need is to notice that the exhaust seems to be blowing from around the y-pipe are now as u have mentioned its booked in with abbey on friday for tune and remap so need to get it sorted pretty sharpish as im sure it will need to be done before then but with paying for that and christmas around the corner i really need a cheap fix till the new year if possible now i will try work out exactly where the hole is tommorrow but if it is worse case of a new pipe does any one know of a reasonably priced one as im not sure the ebay ones would arrive in time

Wouldn't rush into making a decision on an exhaust just because you've got the remap booked - and there's no point in having the remap done without the exhaust you intend to have on the car - so stop and think about where you're going with the exhaust before you proceed with the remap :thumbs:

Maybe Abbey can advise - but either way won't be a cheap fix

Thanks Vik, I was trying to keep the exhaust standard not really figure hunting at the moment i was wanting the remap to improve the drive and remove the restricters for my trip to the continent next year. But now obviously wanting to get the y pipe fixed so if aftermarket is cheaper than an oem i will go that route im on contact with ZMANALEX so hopefully he will sort me out if required.

Thanks Vik, I was trying to keep the exhaust standard not really figure hunting at the moment i was wanting the remap to improve the drive and remove the restricters for my trip to the continent next year. But now obviously wanting to get the y pipe fixed so if aftermarket is cheaper than an oem i will go that route im on contact with ZMANALEX so hopefully he will sort me out if required.

If you go to the dealers for an OEM exhaust, make sure you are sat down when they tell you the price ;)

Far better off getting a decent aftermarket system - sometimes a decent s/s comes up secondhand that you might be lucky to grab.

I'm sure Mark would tell you to get the exhaust sorted first before the uprev otherwise he will not be able to maximise the extra gains aftermarket exhausts normally give. You can go back for a retune afterwards - but why spend out twice, as much as Mark may be happy for you do that :lol:

It is definitely worth speaking to them first. Abbey managed to repair my exhaust in such a way that is should last another 2 or 3 years. However, the problem with mine was the rear 2 sections where the two flanges meet. They manufactured a piece of pipe to cover the whole damaged area, removed the flanges and welded the two bits together. Whilst yours is a completely different problem they still might be able to come up with a solution to it.

It is definitely worth speaking to them first. Abbey managed to repair my exhaust in such a way that is should last another 2 or 3 years. However, the problem with mine was the rear 2 sections where the two flanges meet. They manufactured a piece of pipe to cover the whole damaged area, removed the flanges and welded the two bits together. Whilst yours is a completely different problem they still might be able to come up with a solution to it.

+1 Id pop down and have a chat with them first. Depending on how badly the exhaust is blowing or broken they may be able to fix it. If its just rotted through with old age then you`ll be lucky to repair it and have to swap it out. At which point, unless you get a 2nd hand Y pipe you`ll probably be looking at an aftermarket one in which case you`ll be better off getting the remap after fitting it.