Buddy club

Freebird

Following my single exit zorst thread the other day (and availability of stuff)

I am thinking if I can find one for a decent price I am hugely tempted by the buddy club (i know its not a TD) but it looks B) and think it sounds awesome.

Is £700 a good price for that system? It is Y back as far as i can tell (ebay seller) - Anyone on here source one cheaper?

I had thought about a Scorpion system but i would require a new Y pipe too which would come to about £625 in total, and am i right in thinking that the BC one is better (being JDM and all that)

EDIT: I also read that the scorpion isnt suitable for an import, how true is that? lol

I think at some point I would also be interested at getting some decats but that can always come later.

Another thought was to buy decats and a new Y pipe and leave the standard zorst for a while, no idea how that sounds though or if its worth it. (Looks like a fairly new OE back box)

Scorpion will fit a JDM. Buddy club isnt that expensive consdoring as said its comes with a Y pipe. Ive heard its loud though. I ran a trueduel hks replica with decats and that was loud. I didnt mind it was silly loud but it was a very bassy note. Depends on what sound you want. Scorpion will be a little more refined but buddy club sounds a lot more raw. Try to hear a member that is close by with a k1 or buddy club.

Buddy club will make you lose your hearing. I love it though.

I have scorpion with a nismo y-pipe and decats and I think it's a perfect combo. Sounds a bit German tbh but for the cash it was a good set up.

If I could go back I would go for a buddy club which is cat back including y-pipe. Looks fantastic and sounds very jap car

I think id probably prefer the Buddy Club for the bit extra in all honesty as its a proper Jap system. Im still looking with the intention of buying in the new year.

And loud you say... :yahoo: (may have been my intention all along :blush: )

Cheers guys

I had a Buddy Club and it was lovely, just don't expect it to ever be quiet or stop vibrating... :headhurt::surrender:

haha, its ok coming from a lotus built car i will be fine with some vibration :p At least it wont sound like my car is falling apart

With the Bungs out the sound is just immense, the whole cabin resonates.... when you drop off the gas you get an orgasmic burble :cloud9:

Trouble is after a few weeks driving around you will need ear protectors :bose:

I loved it on short runs but you were always conspicuous and gave me headaches if I went for a long drive but I am no spring chicken :wheelchair:

With the Bungs out the sound is just immense, the whole cabin resonates.... when you drop off the gas you get an orgasmic burble :cloud9:

Exactly what im looking for :p I am a huge fan of tunnels too ;)

I used to have a near enough straight through system on my VX for best part of a year, that was probably the most illegally loud thing i have ever heard, never stuck the decat back in after my MOT but i missed it being that loud after.

I have only found a couple of videos of the buddy club on a zed but its the kind of sound im after, definitely sounds jap and loud haha.

Loud cars are not a problem for me after helping to build a handfull of skylines on the insane side of 1200bhp lol :D