Steering Vibration

rodgeevans

I recently fitted one of the mark one wepon-r power steering ressies to my car with alot of swearing and brute force. I didnt know it was the older style when my other half bought it for me from the states as one of my birthday pressies, when fitting i drained the system and fitted brand new PAS fluid supplied my ZMANALEX, now there is no line on the ressie on the outside or inside of where to fill to so i put some in bled the system and topped up to just over half way. now though when driving at certain speeds and bends i get a vibration through the steering could this be caused by not having enough or to much fluid in the bottle. any help much appreciated

when i tried running it with the cap off last time it chucked fluid all over the engine so i bled it by running it turning the wheel shutting it off then opening cap wait for bubles to disapear then repeated a few times should i be able to have the cap off when the engine is running then.

when i tried running it with the cap off last time it chucked fluid all over the engine so i bled it by running it turning the wheel shutting it off then opening cap wait for bubles to disapear then repeated a few times should i be able to have the cap off when the engine is running then.

As my last post, however it can get a bit messy if you have to much fluid in the reservoir. :thumbs:

well i did as suggested and the design of the wepon r tank means that the return just shot the fluid out the ressie until it was nearly empty and i couldn't turn the wheel for some reason so i had to make a little device to sit on top of the bottle which stopped the return spitting all the fluid straight out the top but still allowed the air to escape. So far, from the little driving i have done in it since, it seems to have sorted the problem but need to check on certain corners that i know it happened on to check properly but seems ok, thanks for the help guys.