Need new wheels: 18x8 ET50ish. Recommendations?

sasha@lazytrips

Hi guys,

To cut a very long story short, I have an Audi TT wifemobile that needs new wheels after I finally found a competent garage who could show that I've got a buckled one (and possibly even two).

It needs wheels that will fit some brand new Sessanta 245/40 18 inch tyres that will clear pretty large calipers (standard on the 3.2 Mk2 car). I am not 100% sure, but I think the bore is 57.1 and there are 5x 112 studs - if someone knows a way to confirm this, I would be delighted. Phoned 2 Audi garages and they can't tell me!

I would really prefer to not have to use spigot rings if possible, but basically just need some suggestions as to what wheels to get. Looking at the online shops, there is a million different wheels, most of them either way too expensive or cheap rubbish.

What brands are good and not expensive and will be reliable?

Apologies - I guess I was just trying to figure out what makes are good and which aren't. I had a look at ebay, but the problem is that you rarely know what the real reasons for sale are, etc and a lot of them cost similar to/more than brand new alternatives.

Budget is a little flexible, but at the lower end of the scale - from an initial look, probably looking at around £750 for four corners give or take (without tyres). I basically don't want duff halfords own brand wheels and want something that I know will last, etc, but don't want to be paying Audi prices (£450 per standard wheel) for it. With even the cheapest second-hand ones being at least £400ish (most are >£1k) including the collection/postage, it probably makes sense to get good aftermarket ones from a reputable brand for say £750ish and not worry about the potential issues the second-hand ones might have.

Mk1 TT wheels are 5x100, I know because I have TT alloys on my A3.

What wheels do you have on your TT at present? Do you have a pic? Reason I ask if that I have 3 18" TT wheels, the 4th one got damaged and the old man chucked it out! :wacko:

At the moment it's got some aftermarket no-name wheels. The car was bought with them on and I guess that's the reason for them getting buckled. They're just a 5-way twin spoke type of thing with polished/diamond cut/metally colour/whatever on the surface and black on the sides and everywhere else (don't have pics). I haven't seen any wheels like them on sale, so no idea what they are.

Here's the wife's choice (she's a fan of those Brera rounded wheels too): O.Z. Racing Wave. I've heard some good things about O.Z. Racing in general. Am I right in thinking that they're a decent brand?

Here's the wheel:

18_Inch_OZ_Racing_Wave_Alloy_Wheels__PI_2765_125_134_965_965_303.jpg

Anyone know anywhere where I can get this wheel at a good price? All internet prices seem to be identical.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not 100% sure, but I think the bore is 57.1 and there are 5x 112 studs - if someone knows a way to confirm this, I would be delighted. Phoned 2 Audi garages and they can't tell me!

all the info i can find tells me that.....

Audi TT 99 > 06

5x100 PCD 20 to 25 offset with a bore of 57.1

tyre sizes for alloys should be

17" 225x45x17

18" 225x40x18

19" 235x35x19

20" 225x35x20

Audi TT 06>

5x112 PCD 42 to 50 offset with a bore of 57.1

17" 225x50x17

18" 245x40x18

19" 245x35x19

20" 245x30x20

hope that helps

I am not 100% sure, but I think the bore is 57.1 and there are 5x 112 studs - if someone knows a way to confirm this, I would be delighted. Phoned 2 Audi garages and they can't tell me!

all the info i can find tells me that.....

Audi TT 99 > 06

5x100 PCD 20 to 25 offset with a bore of 57.1

17" 225x45x17

18" 225x40x18

19" 235x35x19

20" 225x35x20

Audi TT 06>

5x112 PCD 42 to 50 offset with a bore of 57.1

17" 225x50x17

18" 245x40x18

19" 245x35x19

20" 245x30x20

hope that helps

for me i dont think the TT would suit the rounded opening style of those wheels but i guess its personal taste

for me i like the R8 style especially on something like the TT

V10_listing.jpg

Thanks for all the replies!

Had a further think and a look around and the original choice appears to work quite well. I exercised my poor photoshopping skills and the TT seems to look quite nice with those OZ Wave wheels (excuse the lack of callipers - was just way too lazy :) IMO definitely they look nicer than I originally thought they would.

post-5129-135011916126_thumb.jpg