Going to view a zed on Sunday

Freebird

Hi guys i havnt posted for a while as i have been out of the country.

Now im back and have been on and off the phone all day today looking at a specific 350Z Link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I have come up with a "deal" that i am happy with and if on both our parts everything is as has been said i will hopefully make an agreement on Sunday after viewing.

I have come from a VX220 background and just dont fancy another winter in a cold aluminium tub and have wanted a zed for a couple of years now.

Your thoughts on the car would be much appreciated, i know its an import as i spotted a few things that didnt look right apparently it came in to the UK in 2004 from Osaka Japan. I also did a previous MOT check as i got the V5 reference number and nothing outrageous cropped up. Only tyres and disks generally. The last MOT has an advisory for:

Front Exhaust has part of the system slightly deteriorated (7.1.1a)

Nearside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)

Offside front tyre has a cut in the side wall but has not reached the cords.

Front head lamps have different colour outputs.

Front brake discs are deteriorated

I have requested the car has a new MOT upon purchase so if any of this stuff has got worse it wont be me that needs to pay for it.

Firstly i must ask what do you guys think of the price? Also i plan to do stuff like the plenum spacer and a cold air feed induction kit, and im sure it will go on from there haha.

Cheers guys

Looks nice. Good miles, nice colour, also has Nismo bodykit if im not mistaken? Seems to be a good spec with leather and rays.

MOT wise, replacing the brake discs arnt cheap and the front exhaust could be a nightmare to replace so your right to get them to re-check them. But, maybe worth using that as a haggling point on the sale price.

Price doesnt seem to bad to me. Id be looking at about 7k I think. Maybe a fraction lower.

Looks nice. Good miles, nice colour, also has Nismo bodykit if im not mistaken? Seems to be a good spec with leather and rays.

MOT wise, replacing the brake discs arnt cheap and the front exhaust could be a nightmare to replace so your right to get them to re-check them. But, maybe worth using that as a haggling point on the sale price.

Price doesnt seem to bad to me. Id be looking at about 7k I think. Maybe a fraction lower.

Thanks for the advice i think it might also have a Nismo exhaust as well as the kit (i will be honest the nismo kit was one of the things on my want list).

What kind of price we talking for front disks? I suppose things like that are going to cost me more on a zed than a VX haha.

I do intend on spending a bit of money with scope to get a full stainless manifold back system anyway so i wasnt hugely fussed by the exhaust "damage". But would want to keep it as is until the new year anyway so would be beneficial that it doesnt just fall off haha

Thanks for the advice i think it might also have a Nismo exhaust as well as the kit (i will be honest the nismo kit was one of the things on my want list).

What kind of price we talking for front disks? I suppose things like that are going to cost me more on a zed than a VX haha.

I do intend on spending a bit of money with scope to get a full stainless manifold back system anyway so i wasnt hugely fussed by the exhaust "damage". But would want to keep it as is until the new year anyway so would be beneficial that it doesnt just fall off haha

Actually thinking about it, if its got the kit (although like steve said, it looks like its just the bumper & spoiler) and exhaust then that is worth a few quid, so its not a bad price really. The nismo exhaust alone is a nice wad of cash if its definately a nismo one.

Brake discs arent too expensive, depends on what you go for. Look on ebay, they vary from 80quid upwards for a pair, or you can get performance ones for more. They are an easy DIY job to fit to be honest.

If it is definitely the nismo exhaust then it should have nismo laser engraved on the side of each exhaust tip, if it doesn't have that then its just a standard exhaust, which im suspicious that it is just standard. The nismo exhaust can cost around £1350+ new and around £700+ second hand depending on the age of it, it may be lower.

Well i shall report back after my little trip on sunday :)

What VX have you got? I have an NA love it but I have a six cylinder itch that needs scratching! I have been looking for a Z for ages but not found the right one yet.

Are you I'm .org?

Yep have an NA have been part of .org for the past 4 years of ownership, just feel its my time to leave it for the moment and in all honesty a zed is actually a much more practical car for me lol.

Doesnt look to have brembos either so brakes are a bit cheaper to replace.

I was checking out this the other day after someone linked me...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3428410.htm

Not a bad price at all :thumbs:

Really????

£9,250 for;

- an import

- cheap kerbed rims

- horrible badges on the dash

- tacky stickers on the outside

- dodgy after market seats (You couldn't spec Alezan with Azure, hence why the bottom of the steering wheel and gear knob are black)

There are UK GT MY06's out there now for this kind of money and MY07's aren't much more.....

Good luck with the search, is your user name from the Lynyrd Skynyrd song or am I just showing my age :wheelchair:

haha no my username isnt to do with the song, although it is a good song :band:

Ur better off with mine and some change left over. No badges on my dash :lol:

Trouble is i have come to a pre arranged deal that basically comes to me paying £400 for it, which if the condition of the car is ok im happy with. I did originally want a pre 06 UK GT pack azure blue, with a nismo kit.

However this one is; cheap, close, and very easy as i can get rid of some cars off my driveway with no hassle lol.

Also I will be able to do other things like fit a Nardi wheel to it as the only gripe i had when driving zeds in the past was the sterering wheels which i wasnt a huge fan of. In time id also like to obtain the rest of the nismo kit probably replica stuff if its any good maybe even a vertex style kit. Some Work CR Kai's in a decent size and offset, suspension...oh the list goes on ;) haha.

I have told myself to keep it standard ish for a while if i do get one but coming from a VX220 background i think i will always have the mod bug, even if its little things like the tape player mod (which i will probably do the day i get it) haha.

Price seems a bit high for a non GT import with issues to sort out.

I did a lot of research before buying mine, and for that kind of cash you should be able to find a mint uk car with full history.

Just think you should try and knock them down, or get the necessary work done.

Only my opinion of course...

Good luck with the purchase.

:thumbs:

Price seems a bit high for a non GT import with issues to sort out.

I did a lot of research before buying mine, and for that kind of cash you should be able to find a mint uk car with full history.

Just think you should try and knock them down, or get the necessary work done.

Only my opinion of course...

Good luck with the purchase.

:thumbs:

Well thats the plan with the mot retest, hopefully they will cop the price of a couple of tyres and some disks. If not i shall enjoy the car as is and get started on things id like to do in the new year :drive1

Well went and had a look today, managed to knock it down by another £100 and thats literally as much as i could do. Car itself is in fantastic condition and drives well. So i stuck down a deposit and it is getting an MOT and service done on it tomorrow and im going to pick it up on tuesday morning :D

Also when i opened up the bonnet i noticed an AEM cold feed induction kit which definitely makes the engine sound beefier under load. Looks to have had a new OE nissan exhaust very recently also and possibly new cats along with two new T1R's on the rear. So overall im very happy with it and cant wait to go pick her up on Tuesday :yahoo:

Well went and had a look today, managed to knock it down by another £100 and thats literally as much as i could do. Car itself is in fantastic condition and drives well. So i stuck down a deposit and it is getting an MOT and service done on it tomorrow and im going to pick it up on tuesday morning :D

Also when i opened up the bonnet i noticed an AEM cold feed induction kit which definitely makes the engine sound beefier under load. Looks to have had a new OE nissan exhaust very recently also and possibly new cats along with two new T1R's on the rear. So overall im very happy with it and cant wait to go pick her up on Tuesday :yahoo:

Sounds like you have some nice extras there :)

New T1Rs - on the rear - are you sure they're the right size? They're like hens teeth now they've stopped making them.

You can get some matching fronts here though ;)http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=54730

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took me ages to reply in here :blush:

Good shout on the front proxies.

Also i went for the silver one :p

Did a gearbox oil change today with added molyslip too feels much nicer now and had a good look underneath. Might take some bits off bead blast them and powder coat them if i find the time.