Want my zed that little bit lower!

_BR1TT0N_

+1 but don't buy cheap crap. If springs cost 250 plus a set then how do you expect coilovers to be decent for an extra few hundred quid. Coilovers for a decent set will be 800+ easy.

You'll need all adjustable camber arms and toe bolts also to sort out the allignment as eibachs push it out enough and beyond that then the allignment will be awful

HSD's and miester R are under 800 and incredibly good makes.

or you could be cheap and cut a coil off the back springs lol but handling could go to crap and it will be :drive1

Dont know many people on here who have used either. Went for kw v3's myself as these are tried and tested.

People forget about maintenance of adjustable shockers and I've seen a fair few broken these days.

Keyser took his old tein adjustable shocks off to find one of top securing points had snapped off.

IMO you only get what you pay for.

I know meister r are very well liked on other forums.

ive used hsd's and miesters on a few of my old cars and they hugely popular with drifters due to them being able to withstand abuse. Very well made but your right the majority of failures is purely down to neglect even on the more well known brands.

Before i install coilvoers i strip them down lace them in bike chain lube and then do that every 3 months.

ive used hsd's and miesters on a few of my old cars and they hugely popular with drifters due to them being able to withstand abuse. Very well made but your right the majority of failures is purely down to neglect even on the more well known brands.

Before i install coilvoers i strip them down lace them in bike chain lube and then do that every 3 months.

Mines will be due some tlc soon. Mines have the external reservoirs on them. Need to double check what maintenance is required.

I originally thought about meister r's but because they were such a good price I thought they would be too good to be true and I'd waste money. Still happy with the kw v3's though even though they were a tad expensive

I looked at getting HSDs or MeisterR for the Skyline. Ended up buying a set of low mileage Nismo S-Tunes for the same price :)

They seem pretty highly rated & if I hadn't got a deal on the Nismos then I'd probably get one of those 2.

I was told Meister Rs were brilliant by the SVA team running the 350 in the EDC.

Thats the thing with 'tried and tested' - someone has to be the first to try and test. :)

I concur...

But I'm pretty sure the competition spec stuff will be much more advanced than the off the shelf stuff. Most competition stuff isn't road legal. Kw v3's are road legal but if you step up a grade to clubsport then I'm sure they're not road legal.

Meister r's are very well priced but I'm sure people were hesitant like me due to the price being so affordable, it casts doubts. More long term reviews under the stress of the very heavy 350z would help satisfy people's views I reckon. After seeing keysers tein shocker snapped it makes me worry about such stuff.

Iirc all there stuff is road legal and the difference is in the rebound, dampering and spring rate BUT Miester R are pretty flexiable and they can build stuff to your spec with different spring rates etc. I chat to Jerrick regularly and im getting some next month ( once i can afford it and convince the wifey that if the cats get presents for xmas then so does the zed ) and he really is very knowledgeable.

Its stuff like BC, D2's and K sports which are similar/same price that really make a bad name for the more affordable brands as they are just SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

i ve fitted the suspension to my zed from keyser car after having the rear damper top mount repaired and have to say i am very help with it.

took a while to get the suspension dampering set upto my liking as you have to remember that keyser used the car on track so suspension need setting for road use.the ride now is firm and low.it has increase my want to be out driving all the time :lol: