Replacement VIN Plate

thing

Hello, The VIN plate on my firewall (i have a 52 plate Fairlady) had been altered when it was briefly stolen in 2007 (The last digit was changed).

Does anyone know how I go about getting a replacement VIN plate to tidy loose ends up?

Also is the VIN plate anywhere else apart from the firewall on a Japanese car?

Thanks - Tim.

None on eBay :(

Nissan parts departments are looking into it. Apparently if it was a UK car they could do it but don't know about a Japanese import so are looking into it :(

Anyoen got any other ideas as I need to get this sorted pronto.

I may be wrong, but as far as I know the VIN plate on a car does not have to be anything special. You could just stamp the correct numbers on a bit of tin and rivet that onto the car.

Where this may cause a problem is when you come to sell the car, any buyer would not be too impressed with a "dodgy" looking VIN.

I think Nissan may be your best bet if you want a correct looking plate. Not sure what difference it would make to them as to whether the car is an import or not, you`d have thought they could just order a new blank vin plate and have it stamped with the correct VIN for you.

None on eBay :(

Nissan parts departments are looking into it. Apparently if it was a UK car they could do it but don't know about a Japanese import so are looking into it :(

Anyoen got any other ideas as I need to get this sorted pronto.

Loads on ebay.

You could start with giving these guys a shout :thumbs:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/VIN-CHASSIS-PL ... 4340.l2563

The VIN Plate is missing and stamped number been tampered with .... however upon a bit of digging i found 2 pol exam sticker and have validated the history with the relevant police force that had examined it originally.

They advised if the manufacturer cannot supply an OEM VIN Plate for an import then apply a commercially available plate.