Starting to plumet?...

AMT

Ricey said..

Basically if you've got £8k burning a hole in your sky rocket you can drive around like Rockerfella!

Lad that works for me has just bought a BMW M3 convertible on an 04 with 60,000 miles FBMWSH for £7,500. Seen the car and it's a lot of car for the money.

Ricey said..

Basically if you've got £8k burning a hole in your sky rocket you can drive around like Rockerfella!

Lad that works for me has just bought a BMW M3 convertible on an 04 with 60,000 miles FBMWSH for £7,500. Seen the car and it's a lot of car for the money.

Wow. They have dropped. Even 2002 models were 12 grand when I looked at them in feb.

Looking at some new cars like the new shape Fiesta, people would rather spend 13k on a diesel that saves them a few pence per fuel tank, than spending half that on a fun and interesting car that costs a few more pence to fill up each time (but about 3 - 4 times the power). Surely if you're that worried about the cost, get a bus!

As my yearly mileage has now massively increased I was considering a diesel, but now their prices seem silly-high for what you are getting, coupled with the fact that i've seen a few petrol stations where diesel is 11p a litre more than unleaded. It might pay to stick with a petrol

Sad times!

Mine will likely be for sale in April/May

Does it come with a 1 yr warranty? ;) haha Yeah things are starting to come down in price. I mean if you wanted a nippy small car you can get spanking new 10 plate abarth 500's etc... theres a lot out there. Yet... a 7 year old 25Kmileage non-snow going car is what I'm gonna go for.. ... I must be nuts. This better be worth it pml :p:lol:

Just to say ..the Zed is NOT that expensive to run...very easy to service yourself ( saving many £££)....fuel economy depending on how you use it is 20-30mpg... (find a simular performance car that will do that!) and they are real good value secondhand. IMHO they are not so expensive at all especially when they give so much fun. The other thing is most people who dont know so much about cars seem to think the Zed is expensive in every way.

1k to insure. 400 to tax, 100 to fill up, 180 per tyre..... They're not cheap to run are they :lol:

Just to say ..the Zed is NOT that expensive to run...very easy to service yourself ( saving many £££)....fuel economy depending on how you use it is 20-30mpg... (find a simular performance car that will do that!) and they are real good value secondhand. IMHO they are not so expensive at all especially when they give so much fun. The other thing is most people who dont know so much about cars seem to think the Zed is expensive in every way.

1k to insure. 400 to tax, 100 to fill up, 180 per tyre..... They're not cheap to run are they :lol:

Depends what you are comparing that against. Against another big engined cars, like an M3, a Z4M or even a Range Rover then the running costs are similar. But compared against a "normal" car, then they certainly arnt cheap.

Looking at some new cars like the new shape Fiesta, people would rather spend 13k on a diesel that saves them a few pence per fuel tank, than spending half that on a fun and interesting car that costs a few more pence to fill up each time (but about 3 - 4 times the power). Surely if you're that worried about the cost, get a bus!

As my yearly mileage has now massively increased I was considering a diesel, but now their prices seem silly-high for what you are getting, coupled with the fact that i've seen a few petrol stations where diesel is 11p a litre more than unleaded. It might pay to stick with a petrol

Sad times!

Depends if you are talking about brand new cars and what mileage you do. If you compare a brand new diesel against a brand new petrol, then you`d have to seriously consider what miles you are doing before running a Diesel car becomes cheaper than running the Petrol version as you will pay more for the Diesel car out of the showroom. But, for second hand cars, this isnt really a factor. I used to run a second hand Diesel Golf GT TDI and it cost me about 8p per mile to run, and the depreciation in value was actually less than the petrol versions.

Im currently looking at getting a new Nissan Juke for the missus, and we looked at some at the weekend. The Diesel version we looked at was about 17k on the road which is mental for a small car. I just sat there thinking of all the performance cars you could get for that sort of cash. She does about 35k miles a year, so for her, Diesel is better, if she was only doing 20k, then we`d look more at the Petrol one.

falkens are guff on the zed though. I would be looking at goodyear f1's or re050a's, or r888's(for summer)

R888's are slightly excessive if you dont do any trackdays I think ;):lol:

lol they are but would also be a great summer tyre for all the guys who like to give it some on back roads. Another option is the federal road legal semi-slick, Getting great reviews.

Best all round tyre for a zed is probably the goodyears imo :thumbs:

180 per tyre

You can get the Falkens for about £100 a tyre a think ....every little helps! :lol:

I got a full set fitted for £500 a few weeks back. I get on okay with Falkens myself, but I dont really push my car hard.

Most people find that on 19's they are much better.

I go through loads of tyres, just destroyed a set of mps2's in 2000 miles :thumbdown: . Not happy with the re050a's though as the car is very skittish in the wet with them. Ps2's were amazing. Got r888's sitting there for the 18's. Gonna invest in the federals for the 19's I think. A guy had them on his focus rs and the grip on track was unbelievable and very hard wearing. Not your normal federal tyre I believe.

I'm sure it was Captain that was saying to me how great he finds the Goodyears :thumbs:

Slightly O.T maybe but what is that sat-nav unit the autotrader zed has in the original post? Not like my O.E unit in my 06. :wacko:

Also I paid about the same price for mine in the same colour / spec (with the proper sat-nav) 2 months ago, albeit with 8k more on the clock