Droning noise above 40mph

taffyjason

just an update, had two Pirelli P Zero's fitted to the rear, the problem is mostly fixed, there is some droning around 60mph but not so loud, but i think i noticed when swerving left the droning stopped.....so maybe a mix of old bad tyres and a wearing rear right bearing? any ideas with the recent update?

cheers all

• 1 month later...
latest info on droning noise, a motorsports company road tested it for me and are convinced its the LSD, apparently needs re-building, not a repair as such, a re-arranging

how does this sit with members?

What brand of LSD do you have fitted mate?

If you are running a stock VLSD then they give very few problems unless abused

Alex. :)

latest info on droning noise, a motorsports company road tested it for me and are convinced its the LSD, apparently needs re-building, not a repair as such, a re-arranging

how does this sit with members?

What brand of LSD do you have fitted mate?

If you are running a stock VLSD then they give very few problems unless abused

Alex. :)

Picking up from that and given the manual advises ZEDs not to be towed on the rear wheels or brake tests done on rolling roads because of possible damage to the diff, if that has happened does it cause droning noises or would there be other symptoms?

well i can only assume its a stock LSD in my 2004 zed, we took it for a test on the motorway, the droning isnt too bad on acceleration, but it is particularly obvious when foot off the gas and going into neutral, so car is disconnected from the engine, slowing down, plus a right hand turn will make the sound practically go, right hand turn it picks up

im told they can be rebuilt relatively easily, any ideas who? where?

cheers all

• 10 months later...

Tried to PM you taffy but your box is full. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Mine has just started doing it, all tyres are the same with an even 6mm of tread and there doesnt seem to be any play in the bearings. Sounds like it is definitely coming from the left hand side of the car though.