Just received an audit letter from admiral! :|

mike89

Just got off the phone to the underwriters department and the guy I spoke to confirmed that it is 'just a random check we do from time to time'. I mentioned the slight mistake I made with dates and he said as long as the conviction code matches he doesnt see 2 or 3 months of a mistake making any difference. So hopefully all will be ok :clap:

Make a note of the name of the person you spoke to and the EXACT time you called :)

Ive not had an audit, but I did have my insurance company ask me for proof that the registration number on my car was actually on the logbook, as when they did all their electronic checks it was flagging an alert that the number plate didnt match the car. (which wasnt supprising as id only just allocated the plate to the car the day before)

I think in general insurance companies are trying to crack down on fraud more, so will be checking various databases - so if you have recently moved and addresses dont match, or if the car is in someone elses name etc. etc. could all potentially flag up red on their system.

• 3 weeks later...

Admiral must be mega paranoid about fraud atm. Ive just had a very strange call from some bloke claiming to be from their audit team and wanting to put me on a conference call with DVLA to confirm my details.

So then DVLA confirmed my details and I gave them permission to confirm them with the Admiral guy. He wanted to check I had a full license, date i passed my driving test and any points I had directly with the DVLA woman. Luckily id been honest and he was happy.

Never ever had that happen before.

I had a similar call with them and the DVLA when I got my 350z. For some reason it didnt show on their system, so they had to call DVLA with me on the call too to confirm the details. That part is fairly common practice if they need details confirming.

I'm guessing they've updates some fraud detection algorithms which is forcing out these audit calls. That or they are actually being audited!

Got a letter back today from Admiral saying following my letter with explanation of the wee mistake I made my policy will continue as normal. Was obviously a random audit, just shows you though that it isn't worth hiding things from them.