Cleaned up bay.. marmite

AmyZed

Without wanting to throw the proverbial spanner in the works (and without wanting to turn anything into a political debate, just to raise awareness really)...the rising sun flag does have an interesting history, in that it is heavily associated with ultranationalism and in particular claimed atrocities that happened in Japanese occuped territories during the second world war. I actually have one of these flags on a support stick I used to climb Mount Fuji, none of the Japanese locals seemed too concerned about it but when a friend of Indian/Chinese decent saw it in my living room he found it very offensive and was quite upset.

I guess the uptake is that it looks nice, but just dont open the bonnet whilst driving around Chinatown... ;)

crikey !! ill look into this!!!! i have seen other engine covers and inside bonnets and all sorts with this painted on! i didnt know its true meaning.... hmm well its a bit late now.... and i like the cover..... i hope no one at a car show gets offended! hopefully theyll just think "she doesnt probably know the meaning of it!?" which infact is true then! owwh that is a shame!!!

Without wanting to throw the proverbial spanner in the works (and without wanting to turn anything into a political debate, just to raise awareness really)...the rising sun flag does have an interesting history, in that it is heavily associated with ultranationalism and in particular claimed atrocities that happened in Japanese occuped territories during the second world war. I actually have one of these flags on a support stick I used to climb Mount Fuji, none of the Japanese locals seemed too concerned about it but when a friend of Indian/Chinese decent saw it in my living room he found it very offensive and was quite upset.

I guess the uptake is that it looks nice, but just dont open the bonnet whilst driving around Chinatown... ;)

crikey !! ill look into this!!!! i have seen other engine covers and inside bonnets and all sorts with this painted on! i didnt know its true meaning.... hmm well its a bit late now.... and i like the cover..... i hope no one at a car show gets offended! hopefully theyll just think "she doesnt probably know the meaning of it!?" which infact is true then! owwh that is a shame!!!

I wouldn't worry too much, I still have my rising sun support stick propped up in my living room, no one else knows what it means really. If you personally don't have a problem with it then its fine :thumbs: if someone else does, then that's something they need to deal with, I didn't throw my flag away because my mate was offended by it. Have a read up on it, always good to prop up your knowledge on history, heck if someone does say something at a car show at least you can talk in an informed manner about it! ;)

I wouldn't worry too much, I still have my rising sun support stick propped up in my living room, no one else knows what it means really. If you personally don't have a problem with it then its fine :thumbs: if someone else does, then that's something they need to deal with, I didn't throw my flag away because my mate was offended by it. Have a read up on it, always good to prop up your knowledge on history, heck if someone does say something at a car show at least you can talk in an informed manner about it! ;)

Very true- ill do some reading and if anyone says anything ill shock them with my knowledge on it- ill say i found after after... which will be the truth :) if it offends me ill repaint it- however i doubt that will happen! off to google it all! ...................

Very true- ill do some reading and if anyone says anything ill shock them with my knowledge on it- ill say i found after after... which will be the truth :) if it offends me ill repaint it- however i doubt that will happen! off to google it all! ...................

If we were that fussy about the rising sun flag, then we better hand in all of our www.350z-uk.com charity wristbands. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it's all about context. Doubt anybody that sees that will think of the bloody occupation of China were many thousands of my people were slaughtered.

Not a very good freind are you. I bet ebay doesnt get offended about a flag :p