Air Con and MPG

sukh13

Best way to be :thumbs:

I used to run with the a/c off in the Zed for most of the time, but on the Pork I leave it on all the time. I have no idea why my attitude has changed, if anything you;d have thought it would be the other way around trying to save a few pennies to run the more expensive car! :lol: It's always on in my truck though, that thing steams up so quickly otherwise for some reason.

Is your direct injection? If your probably getting about the same if not better than the zed?

Best way to be :thumbs:

I used to run with the a/c off in the Zed for most of the time, but on the Pork I leave it on all the time. I have no idea why my attitude has changed, if anything you;d have thought it would be the other way around trying to save a few pennies to run the more expensive car! :lol: It's always on in my truck though, that thing steams up so quickly otherwise for some reason.

Totally agree on the condensation :thumbdown:

So it's Air Con on pretty much all the time for me as I said...

Also agree on the poor MPG round London, I did a 30 mile trip to RT Performance today and look what I got :scare:

aa145316.jpg?t=1321286952

Glad that isn't my daily commute, mainly as I would need 2 jobs to pay for it and would have to leave 2hrs early to get to work on time :surrender:

I never have my air con on apart from in the summer when we occasionally get a hot day. I get between 27-31 mpg and that is a mixture of eco driving on motorway and around town. My dailly commute is 40 mile so I have to drive economically. At the weekends I probably get well below 20 mpg lol. Cant say I have seen any difference when the air con is on though!