Miss sized tyres on front!!

MrPaul

Hi, another quick message!!!!

Just noticed previous owner has the following tyre set up!

Front left: 225/40/18

Front Right 225/45/18

Back: Both 245/45/18

Now this explains a very slight pull to the left!! No traction control issues at all, car drives great. the front right is needing replaced anyway so am I ok to match the left with a 225/40/18?? Also does the front have a diff?? Is this now worn? ohhh please tell me it aint....

What garage replaces a car tyre with different ratios??? hmmm rhymes with Barnold Shmark....

Info required ASAP my 350Z experts. My local Garage waits me tomorrow!

Cheers guys!!

The pull to left is because your alignment is out, so get that sorted too.

I'll delete your other thread as this has more info in it now, but unless that other tyre is almost brand-new then you'll need to replace both anyway as you should always replace both equally across an axle. There is no diff in the front, I suggest you have a read up about what diffs do to realise why it doesn't need one there. :)

What tyres do you have on there now?

I see, so... Is it ok to put another 225/40/18 on front even with the 245/45/18? The other one is like new so this is the easiest option.

I sort of did know that a diff is only on the driven wheels but I had to ask... :drive1

Also would you recommend those snow socks?? Ever tried them??

Thanks for the reply. This site is great!

Emmmmm I wouldn't.

I'd put on two 225/45 R18. The car should have 225/45 R18s on it. Sure it's more expensive however if the TC decides one day that it doesn't like the combo you could end up in a field or something......

Sell the 225/40 R18 on ebay or in a local paper to recoup some money.

Also would you recommend those snow socks?? Ever tried them??

Snow socks are OK - good for getting you out of crap if you're away from home and the snow comes down. If you have the cash, buy some 17s and put winter tyres on. It'll be like driving a 4x4 and you'll preserve your OEM alloys from all the salt/grit on the roads.