Nissan Key

sukh13

Hi

I have a random question, have used search but I dont think it has been covered off.

So I want a different key for the Z, but not the rubbish flip from eBay.

I want a single solid blade style key and then have the rest of the blipper on the key ring in a separate unit.

Kind of like this:

616444_car_keys.jpg

Is this possible?

Short answer would be a no......

UNLESS,

- you can find a keyfob that accepts the OEM circuit board and matches the buttons.

- you know how to make a custom circuit board and transfer everything over and make pretty much any shape you want.

There is a transponder chip within the key that will have to be close to the ignition barrel for the immobiliser to disarm.

I think there have been several attempts at this without success, but I guess that given the right resources and fabrication skills it could work.

Hope this helps

I've got one of those on my Coupe. Red button that sets the alarm off... why the hell I don't know. I'm being stabbed... hold on I'll press my handy Hyundai panic button... :dry: Irritating when your m8 sets it off when your not in the room lol.

Does that key have a button for the horn??? That's amazing. I could have literally hours of fun with that if it is a horn button that can be used remotely.

Very useful if you forget where you parked the car in a large car park.

Yeh that would be good for conductivity, the problem would still be totally enclosed in metal the signal wouldn't work.

Basically I am thinking of the GTR style key with a space for a transponder near the front but with the Z logo. Need to talk about how to easily make the cavity without it adding too much expense.