Does my warranty mean anything?

Ian

Got my dad to phone the local dealer today to book my car in because my drivers side window only opens when it feels like it & when it does open it rarley closes again. They informed him that there is a £38 inspection fee & their not sure whether the warranty will cover the window :rant:

So does the remaining 5 months of my warranty actually mean anything to Nissan GB?

Ill be taking the car there next week & need some info before I go because I refuse to pay, surley they cant charge £38 to look at something that should be covered by warranty?

Has anyone else had to pay this fee when getting their cars looked at?

Ian that's absolute bullshit mate :thumbdown:

Thought so. I enjoy kicking up a fuss in dealerships :teeth: have done it with quite a few so far & looks like ill be doing it again

Get there nice and early so there's a big queue :teeth:

Will Do.

Reading through the warranty booklet I had with the car everything is covered unless wear & tear has caused the fault & then they charge for it. I wonder what the odds are that they blame wear & tear on my window not working?

Your window not functioning properly is NOT down to wear n tear!!!

This is a warrantable item and should be repaired free of charge...

Top Tip; fully inspect your car before and after pickup ;)

Will do. Window is working OK at the moment. Need to give the door a bit of a bang to get it kick in and out of life though so im assuming the motor is a bit sticky. Ive got no intentions of paying anything at all, If they mention money ill start kicking up a fuss straight away :teeth:

In my experience it's always been a good idea to get stuff in writing. I always ring after having e-mailed so there's a record of what's been said, promised, with times and dates etc..

I'm not paranoid..............but everyone thinks I am.

Welcome to my world at work :D

In my experience it's always been a good idea to get stuff in writing. I always ring after having e-mailed so there's a record of what's been said, promised, with times and dates etc..

I'm not paranoid..............but everyone thinks I am.

Welcome to my world at work :D

Glad it's not only me old boy. You gotta watch yer back bud!!

I find dealing with stealers very easy...

Be very cool and polite... and just agree and tell them that you will be happy to pay the £38quid inspection fee if it proves that it is not a warrantable item, that is, that the window mechanism has not had a failure or defect caused through parts defect, incorrect assembly or normal usage, and they have conclusive evidence it is none of the above...

this normally shuts them up...because

1. they are not bright enough to find out if the parts where defective (maybe only the factory guys and the suppliers of these parts can tell this... not a spotty technician in a stealer :bangin: )

2. they don't know how the part was supposed to be assembled (in detail) what where the torques for each bolt etc, alignment etc...

3. how do they explain abnormal usage of a window regulator ? ( oh sir you used you small finger instead of your index and that loads the switch unevenly... causing and error in the electric circuit? YEAH RIGHT)

Since trying to prove all of the above is near impossible...(ask for evidence in writing if they say they can prove it...that should be interesting to see :wacko:

and since the car is in warranty it then becomes a lot easier just to call NMGB and ask them to authorise the claims...I have done this in the past with nissan dealers and my missus micra, I have got replaced on that car:

1. Rattling idler shaft of T/M

2. Seat Recliners mech (3 times!!!!)

3. Window regulators ( 2 times !!! seems that nissan can't design windows that go up and down...)

4. Re-coded the Intelligent keys ( 2 times )

5. Ignition barrel

6. New Headlamps

7. New Steering wheel.

And they are lucky the warranty expired as I have a few other things could do with replacing on that car...

Good Luck... :thumbs:

Got my dad to phone the local dealer today to book my car in because my drivers side window only opens when it feels like it & when it does open it rarley closes again. They informed him that there is a £38 inspection fee & their not sure whether the warranty will cover the window :rant:

So does the remaining 5 months of my warranty actually mean anything to Nissan GB?

Ill be taking the car there next week & need some info before I go because I refuse to pay, surley they cant charge £38 to look at something that should be covered by warranty?

Has anyone else had to pay this fee when getting their cars looked at?

Tell to do one. What a joke :wacko:

Ian, sorry but why did you get your Dad to phone??? :wacko:

I was busy doing some work :teeth:

Had to go out and do a call so didnt have time to phone them myself

No Bluetooth in tha zed???.......... Let me guess u were in a company car :nono:

Yep. Got a Primera so the Zed only comes out at weekends :teeth: Only had my work phone with me and the my bills are too high as it is :blush:

Not got bluetooth in the Zed anyway, I havent bought the adaptor thingy.

No Bluetooth in tha zed???.......... Let me guess u were in a company car :nono:

Yep. Got a Primera so the Zed only comes out at weekends :teeth: Only had my work phone with me and the my bills are too high as it is :blush:

You wouldn't get signal in them Welsh Mountains anyway :p

You wouldn't get signal in them Welsh Mountains anyway :p

:p Was in Bristol today. Bloody bridge prices gone up again though :rant:

Quick Update

Car went in yesterday to have the fault looked at. Had a phone call off them this afternoon to say I could pick it up & there was nothing wrong with it (Typical)

I went down to the garage to show them how to get the fault to occur. I banged the door & surprise surprise the window stopped operating :teeth:

Parts department have confirmed that its the window motor thats faulty & they have ordered a motor for me as they didnt have any in stock.

All good so far but now comes the nasty part.

Because my car is 3 and a bit years old & the 6month warranty I had when I bought the car is supplied by the garage they are refusing to do the work under warranty :rant:

They have phoned back this afternoon to say that it will cost £290 for the motor + labour ontop of that. Needless to say I told them what I thought of that & that I wouldnt be paying it, they are currently trying to get sales to pay for it.

If that fails I will be contacting Nissan GB to let them know that one of their dealerships are giving away warrantys that are worth nothing.

So far im very unhappy with the service there. They took hours to get my car ready when I collected it & are now trying to get out of a warranty job.

:rant::rant::rant:

Is there anywhere I can get a window motor cheaper than £290 and get it fitted myself ?

Would a window motor out of a Nissan Primera work ? (I think you may see where this point is going :teeth:)