2.6 mpg - 2.8 mpg during motorway driving??????

nickmick

Hi All,

I am a relatively new 350z owner since I only bought the car 2 months ago.

When i bought it i am sure I was getting 25-30mpg.

Recently though its been telling me on the computer that i'm only getting about 2.6-2.8 mph. Has anyone else ever experienced this? At first i thought it would change but its been like that the last 100 + miles

LOL I do 12 miles of stop start and average 14-15mph. Give it a boot from time to time. But still get 17.2

Are you SURE you men 2.8 and not 22.8?

2.8 is clearly an error. Software feck up, sensor issue or not yet properly calculated. Unless of course we have a simple case of PEBCAK here ;)

Is the fuel system even capable of pumping that much fuel through?

i completely rung the neck out of my Z in the fist month of owernship and the MPG was still in the mid teens.

few solutions:

its actually 22.8 mpg - this is an entirely normal figure

software or sensor error

hole in fuel tank / fuel system

Youre driving flat out in 1st everywhere

Try resetting it and se what happens

You have done one of three things:

1. You reset the trip calc recently and it is adjusting.

2. You have gone around 7,000 miles since the last reset at which point the calculator begins losing out on a digit in its calculations and presumes that you have spent XXXXX amount of petrol to go 25 kilometres (10,025 in reality). This happened to me, so I reset it and waited a few months and it did it again :)

3. Your car leaves a trail of petrol everywhere it goes through a crack in the tank.

2. You have gone around 7,000 miles since the last reset at which point the calculator begins losing out on a digit in its calculations and presumes that you have spent XXXXX amount of petrol to go 25 kilometres (10,025 in reality). This happened to me, so I reset it and waited a few months and it did it again :)

I could well see that happening. Nissan presumably assumed that people wont do trips over 10k and perhaps the logic cant cope with 10k+ milage in a trip.

Try resetting it and see if that cures it I guess :shrug:

Also make sure the display is working right and not lost the left hand digit. Maybe check the clock to make sure it shows all the numbers of the display?