Squeaky Brakes Advice (Please)

JMRolfe

Hi Alex

Any update on a price including delivery for pre owned (or new) rear shims? All 8 are required…

I think you’ve got my address already but I’ll PM it to you just encase :)

Thanks

James

Sorry James, I missed your post from the 7th.

PM received and replied to with prices :thumbs:

Alex. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex (or anyone else)

Finally got round to fitting the rear shims over the weekend, thank you for supplying.

Something I should have asked before however - which order do they go in?! :|

As it stands I have the pad, then the tapered shim (with arrow pointing in wheel direction - down), then the square shim. Is this the correct order / way around? If not I’ll change asap.

It has cured 95% of the squeak, tho I did use a lot of copper grease. If its correct I’ll take it out and bed them in.

Cheers

James

James,

Too much copper grease can find its way out :scare: You would only need a light smear of grease. I would suggest reducing the

amount of grease straight away..... :dry:

+1 my old mech put too much on mine and it was everywhere on the wheels and hubs etc.

Fitted red stuff pads about 2 wks ago, using the adhesive shims supplied and copper slip and mine are squeeking. Hope that further running in will cure the problem. I can also add that fitted the same pads/shims/copper slip on the last pad change with no squeeking at all.