wind noise from the door window

Zzzz...

hello every one ...

i have got a query about wind noise. Normally everything is ok, but i have had a couple of occasions where the wind noise increases from the top of the door glass' at speeds over 85mph... (it was an accident... i normally drive within the speed limit)at first i thought it must be normal situation, but today i found that i could raise the glazss a couple of mm. this was the reason for the extra wind noise. however after a while the noise came back again. In my car the glass seems to creep open a couple of mm whilst driving' making the wind noise worse.

has anyone had this concern before? i am reading about the glass reset procedure, but i think this is a different concern.

I have same wind noise issue, but not window problem in my case. If you look at the section above the door handle, it is the no glass door end part which pushes up against the black window frame pillar. (This black pillar is the one you can get carbon fibre inserts for, you know the bit I mean!) Ok well below this pillar is a rubber seal which gets pushed in/squashed when you close the door. Well over time these gets repeatedly squashed every time you close the door & now do not unsquash & pop back up. This means there is no seal here & if you blast water from a hose it will get through into the car! I will either get a couple of new bits or might be better to just by some rubber or silicon type black material & glue it over existing ribber seal.

I also have this issue with my 05 zed. I've had the dealer look at it 4 times now. Each time they say they have "reset the mechanism" but it still does it. It is slightly better now, but still tends to happen when you cane it, particularly over a slightly bumpy surface. I can make it happen on a smooth road by lightly tapping the window at speed (90 ish).

Should I be asking for a replacement regulator under warranty then?

I also have this issue with my 05 zed. I've had the dealer look at it 4 times now. Each time they say they have "reset the mechanism" but it still does it. It is slightly better now, but still tends to happen when you cane it, particularly over a slightly bumpy surface. I can make it happen on a smooth road by lightly tapping the window at speed (90 ish).

Should I be asking for a replacement regulator under warranty then?

Not necessarily, have a good look at how the window sits. Yours could be like Rickya's were the glass is not sitting flush with the rubber or possibly the rubber is worn. A good indication of this is when you wash your car, do you notice any water droplets on the inside??? Regulators were a problem on earlier models which has now been expelled. If your car is still under warranty, then I guess there is no harm in asking especially if it's the fifth time the fault has reoccurred.

OK, thanks for that. There are sometimes small droplets of water inside after washing, but never very much. I'll take it back to the dealer and see what they can do.

I've got a long list of things for them to look at...

When you say inside, Do you mean the Door Sills? After rain when I open the car a fair bit of water runs out of the door sills - No water inside though.