Help with wiring my reflectors up!!

jumping350

Hey i got some reflectors for the front bumper that have l.e.d s in them theres the usual black and red wire coming off them question is where do i wire them up??

and to what? the sidelights or something else?? and is it a splicing wire job?/ (i hate that lol) and where do i splice

sorry not done much wiring on the zed so not sure what approach to take

any help would be great

cheers

yeah thats kinda what i wanted as i got new side lights bulbs today to go in!is it better to get the cut near the plug or anywhere along the wire is fine?? i hate it i always go straight through wire when splicing :headhurt:

i always find it easier a less likely to cut through using a sharp knife to cut the sheathing off. anywhere along the cable is fine. use plenty of tape or heat shrink to create a good weather proof seal.

Some places like maplins etc .... sell little connector blocks made especially for splicing cables. I've used them many times before. You place the existing cable and the new one side by side in the block, close it over then crimp in down with pliers. Then as said above heatshrink or tape over to ensure its water tight.

Some places like maplins etc .... sell little connector blocks made especially for splicing cables. I've used them many times before. You place the existing cable and the new one side by side in the block, close it over then crimp in down with pliers. Then as said above heatshrink or tape over to ensure its water tight.

thats a scotch block.

they are good for interior stuff but i wouldnt use them where water could be present. trying to get them water tight is much harder too.

thats a scotch block.

they are good for interior stuff but i wouldnt use them where water could be present. trying to get them water tight is much harder too.

Personally I'd cut, solder and heatshrink to ensure waterproofness :thumbs:

thats a scotch block.

Fill them with silicon before you crimp them. BT used to use the ones that were filled with grease.

some sound advice there im definately going to have a water tight seal :lol:

right upon removing my front bumper and ripping my hand to pieces (and found out that the imports appear to be attached more securely than the UK guide i used) ive decided that the zed might look like a christmas tree with all the lights although it tis nearly the season...i put white xenons in my side lights and they look blue!!is that right??would the rozzers have my butt?? anyway on the side reflectors i have removed all the blue leds and replaced with orange ones i would like to have them as indicators now....next question can i just wire them up to the indicator wire with out to much hassle to anything??