Is this a coincidence or not?

Chipster

Could there be something wrong with the electrics (if so any ideas?) or is this likely to be totally unrelated?

Sequence of events:

Week 1 - Passenger window motor gives up.

Week 8 - Driver's side window gives up.

Week 12 - Flat battery but AA man charges it and tests it saying it's about 50% through life cycle.

Week 16 - Battery totally dies (I think) - literally no power whatsoever even after trying to jump start.

FWIW the car runs mechanically perfectly but with regards to the battery - I do only use it every couple of weeks at the most (tis a weekend car). It's an 03 GT with 100k miles.

:headhurt:

To be fair those things go on much newer cars with much less miles. I think its just your luck to be honest mate. Very much a coincidence

Hopefully everything is sorted and you dont have to worry about it.

All of them are age related, and they do tend to happen around the same time, depending on usage. Yours just so happened to all go at pretty much the same time. FWIW, my 53 Zed had done 90k+ miles when I PX'd it, and that had a new battery about a year before I think, and the window motors seemed like they were not as swish as they should be. I'm guessing they were on the way out for sure. All prefectly normal with the age of your car :thumbs:

Are the window motors definately completely dead? Theres a "how to" on here about cleaning the contacts which brings them back to life. If you're handy with a spanner you should be able to do it for free (or nearly free) :thumbs: