Anyone using Eye-Fi cards?

Chris`I

Just ordered myself a Eye-Fi Pro 8G for holiday snap duties as you can now send them to your iPad/iPhone/Android phone. I saw them on the Gadget Show the other day (yes I watch it for Pollyanna - thats a good excuse! :lol: )

Saw them a while ago and they werent up to much and still very expensive - but recently it seems they have really worked on them as you can now use these little WiFi enabled SD cards in direct or Ad-Hoc WiFi mode straight to Apple and Android devices. So whereas I used to take a laptop/netbook on hols to backup photos, I can now use my 32GB iPad fo the same duties. iPad app can also be configured to FTP the images back home too when you connect the iPad to the internet (which most hotels have for free these days). Very neat way to review and backup your photos if you have an iPad.

Also good for those running Go-Pro's in the car or helmet as you dont need to take it out the case, just let it sync up the video and you can watch it back then and there.

Shame the 8GB card costs £75 :scare: Still its a birthday pressie to myself :lol:

Happy birthday for whenever it is :thumbs:

Thanks bud. Its on Tuesday when I shall be recovering from the beasting Mr AK is likely to give my legs over 3 MTB rides in the Lakes this weekend :headhurt: I am also getting some noise blocking headphones from the to be Mrs I which is kind of ironic in itself :lol:

I've had a 4GB in my work camera for over a year :thumbs:

I assume its all running well then? Like I say I saw them a few years back but they were uber expensive and didnt do an aweful lot. A friend used one at his dive school so they didnt have to take the cameras out of the cases to download the photos after each session. I am going to do similar on holidays with the added bonus on the iPad you can view them, have them as a backup and also have it forward them onto an FTP server as a second backup.

Found a app called ShutterSnitch for those of you that run these cards (if you havent heard of it). Looks like a great app for uploading the pics to the iPad and allows funky real time display as they come through. You can even slave multiple iPads so they all start to display at the same time (like in a photographic studio etc). B)