Pics of my new ride at last!

Mega

Well, having just posted up a topic with pics of the E90 (deposit taken :) Should be gone in a couple weeks ) I thought it'd be rude not to post a few of the zed!

Said BM topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=54264

So anyway. Here we go.

The reason I went for a 350z was.. The agenda was 8k budget, petrol, RWD, FAST. 25th birthday prompted the decision as I could finally insure something. In fact, I put the deposit for this car down on my birthday.

I consider this car "Interrim metal" and the plan is to sell it before the summer next year. but who knows :D As I'm falling in love at present! slowly but surely :)..

First impressions of this car are positive, it's a great feeling chassis, proper solid steering. A real drivers car unlike all the electronic assist rubbish you get even on BMWs if you buy a brand new one now.

The worst point of it is the clutch biting point: I'll be adjusting that down on Thurs or at the weekend. It's very high and is fully engaged with about 80% of the travel left. I've checked the nut and it's in it's normal position: This is just how these clutches are! So I'll just adjust the pedal so it's nearer to the foot stop. I'm glad the nut isn't all the way up as that'd be sign of a shagged clutch. Fingers crossed on that one :) But guys please stop telling me it's shagged and let me adjust it and see how it goes. If a 1200 quid bill is on my horizon I'd rather live on in ignorance for the time being :D :D

The best point of it is spinning up in third with ESP off when overtaking! Eeeeeek! This car might not be biblically fast but it is massively, massively quicker than the E90 was. And at last I've got 6 cyliders. I felt somehow.. Incomplete, untill now.

In fact. I take it back. The best point of the car is the exhaust note. Oh it's doing things to me ...

So.. Literally only a couple of pics as I had the last 10mins of light before the sun dropped. Last pic with the fleet pic was very difficult to get to come out at all due to the light but I just thought it was funny! I do really need to sell one of these cars :)

Let me know what you think anyway. For me: For 8 grand on a 50k mileage car with this much road presence I've done well. But anyways, she's only temporary :) ...

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

photo5.jpg

And lastly... Gulp!! More of this to come!!

photo-1.jpg

:)

Cheers,

Dave

Nice pics :thumbs:

What tyres do you have on? You shouldn't be spinning up in third in the dry.....

Evidently rubbish ones. I'll be getting that sorted as soon as I can!

The question being: Toyo T1Sport, Falken FK-452 or "AN Other". Suggestions? :)

hmm, spinning the wheels in 3rd in the dry is a big worry! I'd p'haps check the pressures as well... only time I've spun wheels in third is when the turbos kicked in in my old 300zx, but that was in damp conditions and on Ling Long Happytime tyres!

Loving the plate by the way!

yep nice freebie came with the car! I've got my own personal plate but probably wont bother as I won't be keeping this tooooooo long and the transfer fees blow :(:)