Snow Chains

hanel

Just looking to see if anyone has any knowledge of or has snow chains for the Z. I know there is another post going on about the AutoSocks but have looked into these and unfortunately they're not recognised by some countries as being a replacement for chains.

I'm going to be taking the car across to Switzerland in the middle of Feburary for a skiing holiday. Never used chains before and hopefully I won't have to use them when I'm away but it is a requirement to carry them.

Might sound really dumb but do you just need to put them on the rear driven wheels or do you need to have them for all four tyres.

Cheers Guys

Only the driven wheels.

Keep the car below 40kph and ensure it is properly fitted,otherwise you'll rip the wheelarches, braketubes,fuel fillerer tube... :scare:

I'll be interested too hear how you get along. (maybe some pictures?)

:thumbs:

Good to know. Thanks for the advice. Will take some pictures once I get them.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning. I have Pirelli Sottorosso winter tyres on my Z and haven't as yet needed chains...If I were going anywhere near snow on a trip I would defo put on snow tyres and have these socks in reserve just in case. I had chains in the boot of my MGTF for 3 years here and never put them on once...

Bear in mind the Swiss being Swiss never leave snow on a road for more than a few minutes !!!

Morning. I have Pirelli Sottorosso winter tyres on my Z and haven't as yet needed chains...If I were going anywhere near snow on a trip I would defo put on snow tyres and have these socks in reserve just in case. I had chains in the boot of my MGTF for 3 years here and never put them on once...

Bear in mind the Swiss being Swiss never leave snow on a road for more than a few minutes !!!

If you are driving through france its a requirement to have them. I know when I went up to Tignes last year you would have got no-where neear the resort without them

I know when I went up to Tignes last year you would have got no-where neear the resort without them

Just came back from there :thumbs: