Nismo ECU replacement for JDM's

rickya

Thought I would share a very interesting bit of info I have received via email communication with Newera Imports Japan. They are famous for providing the cars in Fast & furious etc & is owned by the guru of Skyline tunning, the name escapes me! They have an agent in the UK who can do this work. The email correspondence is directly form Newera Japan.

I was enquiring regarding an ECU remap for JDM cars or a Nismo ECU which I had heard unconfirmed info about. Their email response is for a Nismo replacement (off the shelf type) & figures based on my car having high flow cats;Exhaust; & air filter/feed.

Their email:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your inquiry. Nismo list an exchange Sports Reset ECU base kit in their 2006 catalogue, which raises the ignition curve to give more advance, plus improves fueling and response – when combined with high flow catalysts, uprated exhaust system and induction modifications, this will give approx. 325 bhp as opposed to the factory 280 bhp.

The Sports Reset ECU and Spark plug set, comprising this “Nismo Sports Resettingâ€

Guest prescience

This is the first time - and I've seen it a few times ;) - that 325 is claimed for this package on the 280PS engine. Typically for the 280PS engine, 300PS has been claimed as the increased figure and correspondingly about 320PS for the 300PS engine.

Bear in mind that the ECU is part of the NISMO sports resetting package ALL of which is always quoted as being required to meet the claims, the additional parts are NISMO exhaust, NISMO cats, NISMO lightened flywheel, NISMO air filter and NISMO spark plugs.

and still 45hp extra? no way, 20hp more like.

Plus IIRC Nismo doesn't sell the ECU outside Japan (but I see what they would do, they'd just buy it in Japan and ship over here). For that price, (over a grand just for the ECU) get yourself a proper piggyback, which could even be future proof if you decide to go FI later on.