Divorcing Bose head unit

lukekbrown

I've just purchased a Bose head unit and need to get it divorced from the owners ECU.

Firstly who can carry this out?

Does anyone know of a company near the Reading area?

I'd like to get my aftermarket head unit removed, Bose head unit divorced and fitted to my car at the same time. Also what is this likely to cost?

So if anybody knows of a company that would be great

Thanks

That's interesting because I've been trying to find the solution and 3 dealerships know nothing of divorcing the BOSE. other solutions such as leave the head unit on for 1hr without touching the buttons then it should reset itself, which doesn't work, yet this instruction was provided by a dealership :shrug:

Even Nissan Customer Services know diddly squat about the head unit and fob you off to a dealership who also know nothing.

I'll have a chat with Lee and see what he says :thumbs:

I've had the same problem, called 2 Nissan Dealerships and both said they know nothing about it, then after speaking to there technicians, they say that a head unit from another car will never work with any other vehicle!

Do Nissan know nothing? or are they right?

Surely someone has purchased a standard head unit to replace their aftermarket one? As your experiences would be much appreciated...

Thanks

So can it be divorced or not? :shrug:

Thanks

As I said earlier, R35LEE I think can do it as should any good car audio outfit

from a previous post in FAQ's

Stereos have the "NATS' anti-theft software incorporated into them. This means that it 'marries' itself to the ECU of your car once it is fitted and the code entered, unless the unit is 'Divorced' from the ECU, it will never work in another car. The 'Divorce' procedure can be carried out by a Nissan Dealership or any good Car Audio Technician. The head unit will not work even if you have the code for the replacement head until it has been fully divorced and is ready to plug straight into another car.

I've sent a PM to R35LEE but he hasn't responded :dry:

He has a full time job y'know, give him more than 24 hours.

He was also at Goodwood at the weekend with Falcon, who are looking to enter a race team next year so he's a busy man.