Grounded my exhaust. Doh!!!

Blitzkrieg

So Ive had my 350Z 2 weeks and I grounded it on a dodgy ramp

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Since then its been blowing and sounds like I have put a straight through exhaust. Would be nice but its taught me that I couldn't live with a really loud system every day.

The swines at Nissan said the central supports have been ripped of and the joint is damaged in the center section. They say I have to replace everything past the Y-piece for the princely sum of £700! (They would say that)

I don't believe and think it can be repaired, or just replace the center section. Will go somewhere else tomorrow so I can see the damage myself.

So, my options are:

1: Braze and repair (my contain duct tape), but may not be possible or a long term solution

2: Fit an OEM system at stupid money

3: replace the center section only

4: replace with a scorpion system and be quids in with a better sound

5: buy a 2nd hand exhaust off the forum

6: mystery custom option

If I get a different exhaust it can't be too loud at idle and around town, but would be nice if it growls when the pedal is applied to the metal.

anybody have parts I might be interested in or other suggestions on system to go for?

Note: Rochford council will be getting angry letter about their crappy round

IMG_0236.jpg

Ok so seen it now and its rusted to buggery. The weld has failed completely where the center section flange meets the airbox. I get away with just doing the center pipe but the pipes to the back box will start falling apart soon.

So looks like I do need a new exhaust.

Anybody interested in buying the silencers or tail pipes as they are in good condition. could possible be cut out and reused.

Talked to Tarmac and his current options were

Scorpion Y-piece back

Invidia GeminiCat Back (True Dual I believe)

Nismon Cat back

I'm tempted to spend the money on the Invidia TD system as its a proper upgrade. Has anyone run this system on their car? Has anybody got dyno results of a True Dual Vs the standard system layout? Would be nice to know you are improving the volumetric efficiency for your money.