Snow Socks Group Buy...

slimjim

Looking like this year is going to be a BAD winter... :cold:

So I am looking into some snow socks.

Thinking everyone else might want some too... so I am willing to look into sorting a group buy, if enough people are interested.

Caveats are, they will only be (unless it turns out easy to do) STANDARD sizes. So 225/45/18 or 245/45/18.

Anyone interested.... or anyone a trader who wants to get in on the act?

Very good of you Tarmac....

Not sure if the "snow socks" brand are the best... or there are others just as good which are cheaper and better value.

Tarmac, do any of your suppliers do them or anything similar?

People... anyone have any recommendations for these?

What are these like in terms of lasting when you're driving between snowy/wet/icey/dry roads? My commute is 9 miles each way and the route I take would probably be a mixture of ice/slush/dry patches.

There was actually some question raised in the media last year about the legality of these on non snow/ice surfaces (C&U etc) but I don't remember what the outcome was.

Very good of you Tarmac....

Not sure if the "snow socks" brand are the best... or there are others just as good which are cheaper and better value.

Tarmac, do any of your suppliers do them or anything similar?

People... anyone have any recommendations for these?

I can have a look round, they are not really a performance part but you never know.... I have zero experience on these but owning a company does tend to help securing better prices... If we have to find a company I don't deal with at the moment then i'm happy to do the negotiating to secure a good deal for everyone.

:thumbs:

Anyone interested in snow socks might be advised to check out the following thread of members using them:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43502&hilit=snow+socks

Some useful advice there as to the pros and cons.

Best snow sock for the ZED is a garage IMO (if you are lucky enough to have one) prviding of course your ZED is not your only transport :shrug:

Anyone interested in snow socks might be advised to check out the following thread of members using them:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43502&hilit=snow+socks

Some useful advice there as to the pros and cons.

Best snow sock for the ZED is a garage IMO (if you are lucky enough to have one) providing of course your ZED is not your only transport :shrug:

Couldn't agree more Colin. The garage IS the best snow sock...

May need to pop out once or twice over winter though :blush:

Will read the thread you have mentioned, thanks.

I started that thread on snow socks a year ago :teeth: It did quite well getting out of slush and thick snow but mine was shredded into bits and pieces as soon as they hit the tarmac. You are supposed to take them off when you are on bare tarmac..well you live and learn :blush: It can be a PITA to put them on and take them off..mine was a cheap one from ebay..as the saying goes "buy cheap, buy twice" :bangin:

I think this year..i might try some liquid snow chain :headhurt:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIQUID-SPRAY-SNOW-ICE-CHAINS-TYRE-WINTER-GRIP-/270698615967?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f06e5149f#ht_1722wt_905

Not sure if they are any good..some trader was selling them here last year but not read about any reviews from people who bought them. I got rid of my Zed and bought another RWD car :bangin::lol:

Winter tyres are the best..only problem is i haven't got a garage to keep my summer tyres..live in a rented flat.

How do you know this winter is going to as bad as the last one? Then again, judging by the last couple of years..don't think it's going to be any different this year :thumbdown:

Quite a few people/forums/experts are saying we are going to have a bad winter.

http://www.exactaweather.com/UK_Long_Ra ... ecast.html

Even if not, would be good things to keep anyway. I am sure we will have some snow in the next 5-6 years, which is the minimum I want to keep the Zed for :D

I ****ing hate weather forcaster's :thumbdown: Non of them can predict tomorrow's date. :angry: