Need new rear tyres ......

bubbagross

Hi All,

I am ready over on the US site that Hankook V12 tyres are really good and a lot less money than Bridgestone's or the like ... The Uk 350z boys also have good things to say about them as well...

Anyone fitted then, or indeed have an opinion on what to go for ... ? :shrug:

Do we get a forum discount with anyone ?

Cheers

Bubba

Yeah had a few sets of Falkens on my Beemers and they are great. I wouldn't consider anything else to be honest (unless I was going for a 'proper' brand). The other driver (if you pardon the pun) at the time was those damn run-flat tyres being so expensive so the price difference was massive. All price dependent of course.

Personally I'd probably put something a bit better than the Falkens on a 370z. I had them on my 350z and while great tyres for the money, I think the 370z deserves something a little better. Vred or better will be going on mine when it needs them depending on how flush I feel at the time.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3s are Awesome, i got a full set shortly after buying my Zed, just replaced the rears and allthough they are quite pricey, i wouldnt settle for anythign else. maybe it was a mistake getting them as i can't have anythign else now :surrender:

they are very good in the wet too i found it much cheaper to order them of camskill and get them fitted. i got quoted cheapest £225 for them fitted but paid £189 off camskill and tenner each for fitting / balancing.

Prices for rears according to Blackcircles fitted (for reference) -:

Falken 452 - £190

Hankook Ventus S1 Evo - £246

Bridgestone Potenza RE50A - £276

Pirelli Pzero - £304

Michelin Pilot Sport 2 - £350

Loads of variations upon a theme. Looking at these I'd be tempted by the Falkens (never let me down yet) but, as crumbMC states, I'd defo get Pilot Sport 3s as perference at £190 exc. fitting.

PS2s are dead now don't forget, the PSS is the replacement and is a much superior tyre, so worth the cost if you can afford it. As soon as they get N-rated, that's the only tyre I'm going to put on my car.

If you're not going to splash out on something decent like the PSS or the RE050A, then I would only ever consider the VUS. Utterly spectacular tyre for the money with more feedback than any tyre has the right to have. You'll probably be going slower as outright grip is less, but you'll know exactly what each wheel is doing at any one time so you won't care. :thumbs:

PS2s are dead now don't forget, the PSS is the replacement and is a much superior tyre, so worth the cost if you can afford it. As soon as they get N-rated, that's the only tyre I'm going to put on my car.

If you're not going to splash out on something decent like the PSS or the RE050A, then I would only ever consider the VUS. Utterly spectacular tyre for the money with more feedback than any tyre has the right to have. You'll probably be going slower as outright grip is less, but you'll know exactly what each wheel is doing at any one time so you won't care. :thumbs:

Err yeah Camskill want £295 a corner for PSS :bang: