iPhone hack

EH 370z

Yes annoyingly there is a bloke at work here who has an HTC. he has an app on the phone called "Wi fi hot spot" and he can use this to turn his phone into a Wifi hub, which his iPad can pick up and can receive a signal to run the internet etc.

I have looked in the App's Store and all the iPhone apps do is tell you where there is free wifi.

Hope this makes sense, the technology should be there but I don’t understand how his POS can operate this function and a iPhone cant??

:shrug:

Thanks Mr Rev.

I have had a look at that, but some of the functionality isn’t on my phone as described on the phone on the blog i.e. the my hotspots.

Have you got the latest software on your devices. I think you will need 4.3 on the iphone as a minimum :thumbs:

Thanks Mr Rev.

I have had a look at that, but some of the functionality isn’t on my phone as described on the phone on the blog i.e. the my hotspots.

Have you got the latest software on your devices. I think you will need 4.3 on the iphone as a minimum :thumbs:

Yes all that but I only run a 3GS dunno if that would make difference :bangin:

Depends if your contract includes tethered data (to do it officially at least ;))

All the new o2 contracts include it, I don't think the old (6months +) ones do but you can move onto a new one if you call them, i don't know what this changes though.

Depends if your contract includes tethered data (to do it officially at least ;))

All the new o2 contracts include it, I don't think the old (6months +) ones do but you can move onto a new one if you call them, i don't know what this changes though.

Correct. You can move onto a new contract of the same value or more very easily. Will mean a slight tweak to your minutes/txt combo most likely unless there is a directly comparable contract. Customer services will sort it out very quickly.

That or if you jailbreak I think it enables it.

Right, I think I have sussed this out.

The issue was that my iPhone is on Orange and the Hotspot access is not there, but the wife’s is on O2, so I can now see what I didn’t know.

Thanks to all - except I still don’t know what a MIFI units is - I can only guess :lol: