What sat nav is this?

ashyk36

That is a Nurrish system. :thumbs:

You have to hold the power button on for about 4 seconds before it powers on.

As you have removed the dash, plug the power in and turn on the ignition - and you should be able to see a red light on the PCB if it's getting power...

Ok.... So after investigating a little further the SD card contained IGO2009, which i think is some kind of maps?

I finally got power to the circuit board however I think maybe the screen is broken, however i could be wrong as I am no expert

From the pictures posted, was IGO 2009 maps used by nurrish?

And from the pictures is the screen broken?

iGo is the software Nurrish used for Nav, but I think a lot of those little devices came with it too. It could be someone did the same as Nurrish and dismantled a unit to fit it like he did - or it could be an actual Nurrish prepped system.

Looks to me like the connection to the screen has gone. Does it change if you move the ribbon cable? If it does then it will be the connection. If it doesnt it could still be the connection, you'd need to locate the ribbon cable connectors and try to seat them again. They can be quite delicate as it just claps the ribbon cable in and it might have just pulled out a little. If that doesnt fix it then it might be broken completely.

Yes when i move the ribbon around the screen flickers and changes colours. I have reseated one (black,white wire) the other ribbon has glue around it so il have to take the glue off first.

What connections are these using? maybe i could get another display with the same connections to check that the mother board is working fine in which case it may be worth fixing

Looks like a broken screen. As Chris has said try the connections first but if you dont get any joy just bin it. The whole system costs peanuts anyway:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-7-Car-GPS ... 2eb583839f

Just buy a new one of these which will come in a housing etc and just dismantle it and fit it yourself in exactly the same way yours is fitted.

NOTE** If you do this, do your own research first - the link is just the first one i found on ebay - pick your own spec and screen size, but £60 is the ball park figure that they cost. :thumbs: