How to wire "DLR" side markers?

Madhatter

Hi All

Purchased some DLR side markets for my uprev model and just wondering if anyone could give me any help/guidance on wiring them up to the ignition "on".

I.e. I only want them to come on when I start the car (I'm actually also going to put a switch in the circuit to knock them off when required).

How or where can I access the ignition live in the engine bay (as I don't really want to have to the one off the stereo).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Craig

Marzman - oh didn't think of that - that's a good idea (and easier to do!)....

Kevlo - I bought them off Ebay Taiwan - fai rplay they arrived quicker than 3/4 of the stuff I order form UK suppliers and really well packed!

Here's a link: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Corse-Autospor ... 34.c0.m322

Hope this helps

Craig

• 7 months later...

Didn't think you'd need to declare these would you?

Just finishing my install off - wired to ignition, fused and a switch just in case they annoy lol :)

It's taken you six months to install them? Surely it's not that complicated :lol:

Put some pics up when finished please :)

Didn't think you'd need to declare these would you?

Yup, you should. You need to declare absolutely everything that changes the car from how it left the factory: Whether the insurer cares or not will be up to them.

Yup, you should. You need to declare absolutely everything that changes the car from how it left the factory: Whether the insurer cares or not will be up to them.

As above.

Seriously? Now I know how insurance companies make their money! Do i need to declare when I change bulbs as they aren't factory ones? I've also got a magic tree to declare!

Looks like I'll be phoning in the morning then...Fingers crossed I'm not ripped off!

Ekona - thanks for heads up!

Bobby -£60! Ouch I love how we have to pay because we're adding safety! Wonder how much my first aid kit and extinguisher adds! Lol

Seriously? Now I know how insurance companies make their money! Do i need to declare when I change bulbs as they aren't factory ones? I've also got a magic tree to declare!

Serious. A decent insurer wouldn't charge for it.

With regards to what and not to disclose, just disclose EVERYTHING and let your insurers do the rest.

Ollie

Sky Insurance