Remapping

Muffinman2k6

:welcome:

As I said on Facebook, without knocking Viezu, I'm not sure they will be able to map a Zed. We have seen others try and fail as its not an easy car to do. UpRev is a very reputable and safe option - although it will cost a bit. The main tuners we have on here that use it are Abbey, RS Tuning and Horsham Developments. Abbey are the closest to you so will probably be the best bet.

If you do let Viezu have a go let us know how they get on :thumbs:

I went to Abbey yesterday and mark did uprev on mine. Not sure i yet fully understand everything hence I was constantly asking Mark questions. (Think I am barred from the tuning room ha ha)

All i can say is on the short bursts of speed I could get I was shocked that such a difference.

B4 I went I was having problems pulling away in 1st without jerking. Now it is as smooth as silk.

I will never use anyone else and I am a fussy old sod!

thenoname :dance:

Hello Pete, told you, you'd love it!!! How's that Milltek sounding with the HFC's? B)

I went to Abbey yesterday and mark did uprev on mine. Not sure i yet fully understand everything hence I was constantly asking Mark questions. (Think I am barred from the tuning room ha ha)

All i can say is on the short bursts of speed I could get I was shocked that such a difference.

B4 I went I was having problems pulling away in 1st without jerking. Now it is as smooth as silk.

I will never use anyone else and I am a fussy old sod!

thenoname :dance:

You have got to get some. Not familiur with the terminology but from what l could gather is has more BHP than a 370,

has approx 300 at FW added 50lb of Torque and when I asked what the top end might be as he lifted the limiter

Mark replied the PC was showing 186mph. I was shocked at the difference because over the last few months l have heard so many bull stories I was not sure what to expect.

As soon as I am out of Hospital 16th September i will arrange with you to fix the wiring if I may.

I am definately getting the Supercharger as the car is as you know a 2009 with 11000 on the clock so as i am going to spend a lot of time in it why not spoil myself:)

I would be interested in that carbon kit floated along at the same price you got it for again:):)

Only outside mod will be putting the rear tyres on the front and 275's on the rear as it did kind of slide round that sweeping left from M25 to wards Croydon!

Overall best decision I have ever made and a lot of fun to come I hope.

There is an old disused RAF air field with big long runway up near Skeggy.

They allow certain folk to have a play.

What do you recon 0-60 is as we are about the same l think.

Mark said about 335 BPH?

Once again. get those pipes fitted as they really do compliment the Milltek.

mark said something about getting some in stock so that must say something!

Peter

No idea about Viezu - but my experience with Abbey has been extremely positive.

Initially I just had an UpRev remap with a better y pipe, and as I posted at the time

" . . .To be honest she now feels like she was meant to be, but they penny-pinched on the clumsy exhaust and the savings compromised the performance. The extra power and torque now mean . . .well, let me describe it. You're stuck behind a Merc on the motorway, doing, well, maybe 85, (In theory, of course, I'd never actually break the speed limit) but the guy just won't move - then he finally shifts into the middle lane and you say "OK, let's go, girl" and with just a minor stroke of the throttle. . . .you end up getting to almost 100 by the time you get to his rear bumper, and then you're by. And, you can tell, she's just lapping it up, it's just so easy. This is how the engine was supposed to feel - "

Since then I've had the Berks and the plenum spacer and a full stainless (K2) exhaust, remapped her again to capitalise on the improvements, and she's even better, sharper, definitely more pulling and responsive, and I think that's coming from the torque gains as much as the power.

To summarise - I believe the UpRev & remap finds you the power that Nissan hid, buried in the engine, and she'll feel so much better once you release the block and let her give you the performance she's just waiting to lavish on you. . . .

• 11 months later...