Expensive treats (Now with pictures)

SteveW

Well I just treated myself to a new set of boots and a 4 wheel Hunter Hawkeye alignment.

The car feels ten times better to drive now. It always does after being realigned!!

The geometry was so far out! Will post up some pics when I'm on my laptop. Some settings were so far out they were off the scale!! Lol

CIMG1026.jpg

So 4 new Falken FK452's and alignment for £645 pretty reasonable I think and no hassles.

Also have just finished something I've been working on for quite a while ;-) to be fitted tomorrow morning.!

CIMG1024.jpg

CIMG1022.jpg

CIMG1021.jpg

Thanks folks, that was the look I was going for subtle but a more modern interior.

I've also done it with pearlescent paint so when the sun shines on it all the pearl sparkles and it looks uber B)

That seems a very reasonable price for tyres & allignment. I need some new tyres soon myself, but am really scared that whichever tyre place I take it too will end up scratching my mint alloys.

Yes mate, I hate that feeling, you just never can be too careful.

Only thing you can do is mention it to the garage you use, a few years back when I had some really expensive rims on my Celica GT4 I used to get all my tyres from Wheelbase in Manchester.

Worth the trip because in my experience they always looked after my wheels.

That console looks great!! Really modern B)

How do you get from the textured plastic to that gloss finish on the console?

Thanks mate, to get from the textured finish to the gloss takes loads of rubbing down! It took hours to rub down initially, I even rubbed all the skin off three fingers whilst doing it. They were sore as hell for days, :lol:

Are these gauges replacement parts or have you sprayed them.....whichever it is they look wicked! Good work

Thanks mate, no these are the stock ones which I have rubbed down and painted.

I've learnt so much about painting doing this, its cost me a fair bit in paint with mistakes and rubbing paint or laquer too thin and having to start again. Plus a lot of time and skin but well happy with the result. Now if I could only get rid of the mouse hiding in my dashboard :rant:

Yes I have a v v v annoying squeaking noise coming from somewhere in the dash at the passenger side

I can't work out it is that's squeaking so figure I must have a mouse lol.

I also have one coming from somewhere in the back :rant:

Well onto business cubby door was removed tonight intend to start the mammoth rub down tomorrow night

Hopefully I'll retain my skin this time.... Will post up pictures when it's done as the final product.

Cheers

Yes I have a v v v annoying squeaking noise coming from somewhere in the dash at the passenger side

I can't work out it is that's squeaking so figure I must have a mouse lol.

I also have one coming from somewhere in the back :rant:

Well onto business cubby door was removed tonight intend to start the mammoth rub down tomorrow night

Hopefully I'll retain my skin this time.... Will post up pictures when it's done as the final product.

Cheers

Could you take on of the rubbed down part please, so i can see how it needs to look before painting? :)