Gearbox problem?

northernmonkey

I only have 2 grearboxes left in stock and both are reserved but if a dale falls through then I will have one. A gear oil replacement and a treatment suck as slick 50 can stay out the life of the box a little longer. Ask Cal on here, his box was fooked but its ok after addadite :thumbs:

hi guys,

New here, just purchased my 54 plate 350z (picked up Wednesday).

When accelerating and changing from fourth gear to fifth there is a slight grinding noise?

Any ideas or experience with this?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

Best to get this issue checked out by someone that knows there way round a Zed, a simple road test will determine whether there is in fact an issue or whether you may just have to change your driving style slightly to overcome the issue.

A fluid change for the proper OEM fluid and 60ml of DC Moly additive can also work wonders and make the gearchange so much slicker.

I have both the above in stock mate.

If in fact there is an internal issue, then a preowned low mileage transmission would be the way forward and you can expect to pay circa £400.00.

I note that you have just purchased the car, perhaps you may have a warranty or perhaps a financial goodwill gesture from the seller may be an option to explore.

Drop me pm if I can help you further or if you have any further questions. :thumbs:

Alex. :)