Windows XP help please

ioneabee

majorly off topic - but i can see that there is a lot of all sorts of experience on here....so here goes

got an old portege M400 Tablet laptop with Win XP tablet edition installed, just gone T up !

I have no cd's for it, but have downloaded an ISO on 2 disks, the first is win xp, the second i'm told is the tablet edition extras

I can get drivers off the Toshiba site.

booted from the disk, it ran through the usual loading stuff, but then I come up my problem....the hard drive must be sata, because xp can't recognise it :angry: ie no hard drive installed message.

There don't appear to be any sata drivers on the tosh website and i have no idea which ones it would want to search ??

also, once i get the drivers, how do i instal them at start uo....no floppy drive !!

thanks in advance if anyone can help :console:

Andy

Download Win7 Tablet edition and stick that on it instead. I used to get SATA issues with XP on my PC, when I reinstalled with Win7 it never asked me about SATA drivers.

If you can find which SATA controller it is you may be able to get them and load from a USB stick :shrug:

Easy peasy.

Allegedly http://askiris.toshiba.com/ToshibaSupportSite/search.do;jsessionid=F75FF702CBBEE2140C9D64AD59FC6281?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1334715xml&sliceId=&dialogID=10542044&stateId=1%200%2010540080 has the set of drivers you need.

Then you need to grab yourself a copy of nLite.

1) Install nLite

2) Extract drivers into a folder

3) Point nLite at original XP ISO file

4) Point run the integrate drivers option - point at any file in the extracted drivers, it will add them all

5) Build new ISO

Might want to look to see if there are any drivers on the Tosh ISO too that you might need, like for the touchscreen interface etc. Add them all to the above.

Job jobbed :D

Job jobbed.

Easy peasy.

Allegedly http://askiris.toshiba.com/ToshibaSupportSite/search.do;jsessionid=F75FF702CBBEE2140C9D64AD59FC6281?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1334715xml&sliceId=&dialogID=10542044&stateId=1%200%2010540080 has the set of drivers you need.

Then you need to grab yourself a copy of nLite.

1) Install nLite

2) Extract drivers into a folder

3) Point nLite at original XP ISO file

4) Point run the integrate drivers option - point at any file in the extracted drivers, it will add them all

5) Build new ISO

Might want to look to see if there are any drivers on the Tosh ISO too that you might need, like for the touchscreen interface etc. Add them all to the above.

Job jobbed :D

Job jobbed.

linky no worky :bangin:

re-did it and it worked - strange

however, thats a raid driver not a sata driver ?

that would be brilliant :yahoo:

thanks

my 8yr old daughter can wait that long :D

No worries :thumbs:

I will drop you a PM when I have them :teeth:

any chance you can .iso them and upload to a share facility ? ie dropbox or something like that ?

thanks