mixing fuels

wesmin

Hi bud, same as above. I remember seeing a program a few years ago and in it they talked about different fuels. I'm sure they said if you mix equal parts you should get the average octane rating.

Again i'm no expert and te way they calculate RON differs in each country (esp USA) these links don't really help answer your question but one explains howe they calculate ratings and the other is testing different fuels.

http://www.2strokeheads.com/tech-octane-detonation.htm

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuni ... date.shtml

Dont think it works like that due to the way that hydro-carbons interact with each other. Safer to assume the engine will run as if it has 95RON in it ;)

EDIT: Although the article suggests it will work so who knows :shrug:

Technically yes, it would, but why you'd ever want to is beyond me.

Its like this BP ultimate is 144.9P per litre and 95 octane is 130.5P per litre and I'm informed the Zed wont run any better on 102 than on 97. Mixing if it works works out at 137.7P. Big saving if this logic is correct.

its def 102 because he needs it for he is close to a race track and supplies a lot of the competitors.

And it costs £1.44 a litre???

If it is then get as much as you can! It used to sell for about double that and I haven't seen any for ages.

I still think it is 97 as I know there is a shortage of decent superunleaded in Northern Ireland. The raceers probably use octane boosters on top of that.

I hope i'm not misleading anyone but I asked the owner of the petrol station what the octane level was and he said 102. There is another Texaco station in the town selling super unleaded but I don't know the price or octane figure for it.