Clutch Noise

DaddyCee

Yep, my clutch makes all the wierd noises you could think off, in fact the whole car is easily the worst i've owned for random unidentifiable noises. on the other hand its the nicest to drive by a country mile, so i guess you can't have it all.

DB

I had a really deep growling/vibrating noise when at low revs which had me worried - it then developed into a clanging rattling sound - which had me even more worried BUT the car was running perfectly. Still, I was worried about an expensive clutch repair coming my way.

Turned out that the insulator panel above the backbox has corroded around the nuts (done 90K+) and was practically hanging off. The low revs were cause the vibration and noise.

Couple of quid for some wide washers and five minutes later - sound gone! :)

I only got my car last week from an offical dealer. And i was getting a strange grinding/wurring noise when my clutch was engaged in neutral and as i pulled away. I took it back to the dealer and they said it was the clutch release bearing so its booked in for next week to have the gearbox out and have the bearing changed.

I only got my car last week from an offical dealer. And i was getting a strange grinding/wurring noise when my clutch was engaged in neutral and as i pulled away. I took it back to the dealer and they said it was the clutch release bearing so its booked in for next week to have the gearbox out and have the bearing changed.

I have just got a 313 from a dealer as well and mine whines abit. If I give the engine a rev when the car is stood still the whine changes with the engine speed. Does that sound the same thing?

I have just got a 313 from a dealer as well and mine whines abit. If I give the engine a rev when the car is stood still the whine changes with the engine speed. Does that sound the same thing?

Mine doesn't really change when i rev it, its just the exhaust and engine tone drown it out. Its more or a grinding noise almost like two stone grinding disks rubbing together. It gets louder after i've been driving to car. It only occurs when the clutch is engaged, be it in neutral or when pulling away. If your not sure just take it back to the dealer like i did while its still under warrenty :thumbs:

No because the release bearing is doing nothing untill you press the clutch pedel.

If you get a noise whilst its its in neautral and when its in gear that increases pitch with the engine revs you can pretty much gaurentee its the input shaft bearings in the gearbox. I know this because mine makes the same noise and has for as long as ive owned it.