engine light

balla

when i left work this afternoon and had a slightly more spirited drive home the engine warning light came on with the traction light and went in to a safe mode. i stopped and turned the car off and back on and the traction light went off but the warning light remained it is no longer in safe mode. anybody had anything similar before.

I have attempted to do the ecu thingy but it is tricky i will carry on trying but was hoping some one else had a similar experience :bang:

From what i could make out it was 35 which is nothing :S, and when it started blinking it only blinked slowly 2ce before blinking fast i let it doing it a few times and counted just in case i miss read it but every time i could only see it as 3 5. so i have cleared it taken it for a drive and it has not came back :S any help would be much appreciated

I assume it is this guide you are using:

Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.

Repeat the following two procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds:

Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).

Fully release the accelerator pedal.

Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.

**at this point you need to count the CEL light flashes, think it starts by flashes 10 times slowly to indicate it is beginning then faster for the code. For example if it flashes 10 times slowly, 3 times fast, 2 times fast, 5 times fast 10 times slow then the code would be 325, then just match to the code list.

Then if you want to clear the code:

Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)

Wait about 10 seconds.

Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.

Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).

Turn ignition switch to OFF position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.

-------------------------------------

Then link to:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21762